50pin help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50pin help

I just put my smil dvd rom in my glove box. now my question is where can i buy a SLIM 50pin ide wire cuze my pc is in the trunk or is there any converter from SLIM 50pin ide to usb ?

Originally posted by russian_mafia
    I just put my smil dvd rom in my glove box. now my question is where can i buy a SLIM 50pin ide wire cuze my pc is in the trunk or is there any converter from SLIM 50pin ide to usb ?
    You need the laptop -> IDE adapter , then an IDE -> USB adapter.
    Another option is to get a USB enclosure for a slim laptop such as this .
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

you can also buy USB to IDE adapters that have both normal AND slim connectors on them (on opposite sides) which would probably be the simplest solution.

check ebay.
      But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
      Originally posted by Viscouse
      I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
      eegeek.net

Comment

Originally posted by evandude
        you can also buy USB to IDE adapters that have both normal AND slim connectors on them (on opposite sides) which would probably be the simplest solution.

check ebay.
        The slim dvd drive would not plug into that. So you would still need a slim optical to 40 pin adapter.
        Iwill ZPCgx 2.4ghz cel, 256mb pc2700, external combo drive, 80gb 2.5 laptop drive, xp pro, usb gps, 7 in Lilliput TS , carnetix CNX1900. All mounted ghetto- still experimenting and tweaking.

Comment

Working...
        X