Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Central Locking' 4 PC's! - Awesome Product! - & Cheap!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Central Locking' 4 PC's! - Awesome Product! - & Cheap!!!

Just read this... automatically locks your PC as you walk away!

PC Central Locking

and its only 19.99 (US$32.32)!!!

perfect for a carputer or around the office!
    Attached Files

yea, I saw this thing a few months back...pretty neat gadget. It's sold at Fry's Electronics for like 22 bucks here. I looked up some reviews, reasons i didn't get it: won't work with dual screen cause the way it works is that it blocks out the "full" screen. Also, you can bypass it by rebooting into safemode, so it's not that secure. Still, it's a neat toy, and the price is right.
    -GiZak-
    Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
    Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

I have one, can't say I'm impressed by it really. It would be better if it worked without having to install the rubbish proprietary software.

Comment

is it rf based? any one know?

wonder if some custom software, is in order.

Comment

Yeah I think it is rf based but onlt for a distance of 2metres.

Wish I could work it out, would be useful as a startup/shutdown controller :-)

Comment

yep rf based, u just sit at your desk, and it's little program detects the signal and unblocks the screen. It would have been better if it was integrated into windows and actually locked it, but it's just a stand alone app that blocked out the screen.

it would be awesome if sum1 here did some custom software designed for carpc's tho! hehe.
            -GiZak-
            Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
            Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

can you attach it to a key ring?

will considering that a usb port is essential a com port 'virtual'.

i'd be keen on working on it, just have to get one.

Comment

Yeah the 'fob' part can be attached to a keyring, or kept in a pocket, you do however have to switch the fob on I think ... its ages since I've used it, will take a look in the morning.

Comment

If your computer has Bluetooth and you have a Bluetooth equipped cell phone, just use Float's Mobile Agent to get the same functionality without adding clutter to your keychain/spending a bunch of money.

http://fma.sf.net

If you have a Mac, use BluePhone Elite

http://www.reelintelligence.com/BluePhoneElite/
                  Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                  http://hallert.net/

Comment

My idea with this thing: have it automatically lock and unlock the car doors. Also start the bootup of the computer... basically like the Lexus LS system. We'd have to hack this up and remove the USB part...
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                      My idea with this thing: have it automatically lock and unlock the car doors. Also start the bootup of the computer... basically like the Lexus LS system. We'd have to hack this up and remove the USB part...
                      Yeah, Ill grab the signal comming off your keypob and unlock your car when u r not around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
                        Yeah, Ill grab the signal comming off your keypob and unlock your car when u r not around.
                        Its not encrypted? The ****

But is my idea good?
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

its probably is...but it can still be grabed as encrypted and replay it encrypted.

Reason for anti grab found in good alarm system.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
                            its probably is...but it can still be grabed as encrypted and replay it encrypted.

Reason for anti grab found in good alarm system.
                            Ah. But the evil doer would have to be in 2 meters of you
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                              Yeah the 'fob' part can be attached to a keyring, or kept in a pocket, you do however have to switch the fob on I think ... its ages since I've used it, will take a look in the morning.
                              did u have a look at it?

Comment

Working...
                              X