Auto-Backup Camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Backup Camera

I've been thinking of setting it up so that a backup-camera is displayed until the computer boots up. In Windows startup, the computer could send IR to the screen via IR blaster to change it to VGA. Then, the computer could also detect the reverse light and auto-switch the LCD to video and back.

Has anyone done anything like this yet? Can it all be done using Girder or is ther other software to consider? Anyone know of a cheap spy cam and/or IR blaster? An infared cam would be good for night vision. I want the lens to fit in the key-hole that is in the middle of my hatchback though.

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
    I've been thinking of setting it up so that a backup-camera is displayed until the computer boots up. In Windows startup, the computer could send IR to the screen via IR blaster to change it to VGA. Then, the computer could also detect the reverse light and auto-switch the LCD to video and back.

Has anyone done anything like this yet? Can it all be done using Girder or is ther other software to consider? Anyone know of a cheap spy cam and/or IR blaster? An infared cam would be good for night vision. I want the lens to fit in the key-hole that is in the middle of my hatchback though.
    Your idea requires the computer to be available first which is the inherent problem with your idea. However this is definitly possible through the use of a PIC microprocessor. You would have to interface with the button board of the lilliput but made a how to that could be used to assist you.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tay+headlights

There is also a circuit design that you could indeed use or even modify to suit your needs http://www.freewebs.com/billymcbunter/

What you need is two pulses on the PC/AV button to get you to the right input source and two pulses to get back about 1 pulse per second. You can do it with the design from the site above and it even has the source code for the PIC.

You would probably have to modify it a bit to get it to work the way that you wanted

Good luck and post lots of pictures if you do it. I am going to do the reverse lilliput lights and it would be great if showed the camera on bootup but if it is to complicated then i wouldn;t mind not having it at all
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Why would I need a computer available first? I have my Liliput Auto-Power on to the last input used (right? Iv'e never set it to video yet, but I assumed it is previous-state rather than VGA on power-on). Even if it does default to VGA, you could do the same resistor/cap mod like we do on the power button to press A/V once at startup.

It should stay in video mode until the computer is booted, at which point the computer can send the IR signal to display itself. If the Lilliput does return to previous-state, then before the computer shuts down it could switch to video.

BTW: I am using a SiLabs 8051 dev board and will probably use it as the IR blaster and the reverse detection (I suppose I could even wire it directly to the Lilliput buttons, but I think IR should be fine). I just wanted to post a non-microcontroller solution for people that don't want to have to code such a thing (and possibly for me while I'm still coding the IR transmitter and the Pioneer IP-Bus interface).

Comment

Working...
      X