Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC wont boot!

Having problems booting my CarPC.

Have disconnected everything, reseated the memory, just connected the VGA and an ATX PSU and not even getting a beep or anything on the screen.

Any ideas?

It's a MII 12000 and has always worked flawlessly.

You say it always worked... with the same power supply? Have you tried another ps? How do you have it set up now as compared to when it worked? More info/troubleshooting will help get to the problem.
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

It has worked with an ATX PSU. Not sure if I have used this one, but it is getting power cos when you short the power pins, the CPU fan spins up. But that's it.

It was the same as when it worked, but I have since disconnected everything (HD, cables, except the VGA and PSU.

Comment

Anyone any ideas? I really dont wanna buy another MII 12k cos they aint cheap, but with my PCMIA wifi, it's the only choice!

Was considering having a laptop instead, wise choice?

Comment

having nearly same problem here, have found ne solution as of yet, although im on a different mobo
          Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

Comment

Originally posted by FRP
            It has worked with an ATX PSU. Not sure if I have used this one, but it is getting power cos when you short the power pins, the CPU fan spins up. But that's it.

It was the same as when it worked, but I have since disconnected everything (HD, cables, except the VGA and PSU.
            Well it's getting power, but is it getting 12volts? Grab a multimeter and check.

Comment

Working...
            X