X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Storage for fast bootup ?

Anyone ever tried these:

http://www.memtech.com/memtech_1.8-i...te-flash-drive

If i understood, its an "instant hdd" or such.

most of those flash HDD's like that are to slow to really allow a quick boot, that one for example only had a read speed of 4MB/s, I belive your average HDD is around 60MB/s.
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Samsung Galaxy Tab install

Comment

Originally posted by shiltz
      most of those flash HDD's like that are to slow to really allow a quick boot, that one for example only had a read speed of 4MB/s, I belive your average HDD is around 60MB/s.
      Indeed, i didnt notice that. Alltho i found other flash drives that had like instant access, but price was around 1000e 1gb drive :/

Comment

Or you could buy a 3.5" 80 gig drive for $60. Buy 4 of them. Replace them as they fail.

I'm still on my first one after a year. Hard drives can handle a lot more shock and vibration than you think. They're hardy and cheap if they bust.

Ask TruckinMP3. His have been through several accidents and are still going strong.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
        X