• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk freeview tv box

hi all
    just got one of these http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...USB_TVBOX.html

what can i say it the size of an HDD mp3 player and works great
    i can't get all the channels whilst driving but i can get a good chunk of them with a perfect picture. the ones with the poor signal are ok when i stop moving so it would depend on where you are in the uk as to what channels you get the best signal with.
    it also picks up all the bbc radio channel perfectly (plus some other ones).
    all this is done through a single USB 1.1 (great as i dont have USB 2.0 on my board). also it doesnt use any audio leads like other tv/radio cards .
    i have played with other tv cards like WINTV and so on and thay cannot even be compared as this is DIGITAL no fuzzy pics and a dam sight more channels . i also would like to point out i am using the standard magnetic Antenna that comes in the box.
    Im not sure how or if it can be used in conjunction with a frontend as it has a seperate control panel for vol/chan/rec and so on.when the new CF comes out it will have an option for external apps so i will give it a go and let you know how i get on.
    most of the freeview functions are here like program guide and so on.not sure about the (RED BUTTON) as it didnt come with the remote .
    Program aborting close all that you have worked on,You ask to much. You step into the stream,but the water has moved on, This page is not here. Chaos reigns within, Reflect,repent,and reboot.Order shall return
    The car

Skydiver- cool will have to keep an eye to see when its in stock

Stupid description lol-

Q. Will it work with an indoor Aerial?
    A. Probably not but under some circumstances yes. These units are NOT guaranteed to work with an indoor aerial however under testing they have worked with limited success. A rooftop aerial is always recommended.

And since this is digital, it can deliver television while traveling in the car or train which analog unable.

Exactly how are train passengers supposed to set up a rooftop aerial

Keep us upadated with its going ons

Comment

all i can say is i just watched sky news at 70 mph ( didnt crash either ) with the small aerial that came in the box
      Attached Files
      Program aborting close all that you have worked on,You ask to much. You step into the stream,but the water has moved on, This page is not here. Chaos reigns within, Reflect,repent,and reboot.Order shall return
      The car

Comment

i ordered one yesterday cant wait now
        VIA EPIA TC 10000 1Ghz Motherboard,
        256Ram,40Gig,
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

ALL ABOVE NEEDS SELLING !
        OFFERS WELCOME

2008 Astra H Sportive SE 1.9 CDTI
        2006 Quadzilla Stinger 250e Quad Bike
        2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible

Comment

Is the quality good?? Shame they are out of stock, they look a good price.

Comment

What's the digi coverage like round S'oton? Here in Bournemouth it can be pretty flaky. I live in one of the highest parts of the town and my domestic freeview setup was a pig to get right.
            Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Oh yeah, never thought of that, digital signals here are naff .... grrr

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                Is the quality good?? Shame they are out of stock, they look a good price.
                pic is perfect
                The car

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
                  What's the digi coverage like round S'oton? Here in Bournemouth it can be pretty flaky. I live in one of the highest parts of the town and my domestic freeview setup was a pig to get right.
                  all are good when stoped .but for some reason sky ones are the best when driving .
                  i'm picking up 47 ch in southampton ( radio+tv )
                  The car

Comment

i ordered mine from info tech
                    256Ram,40Gig,
                    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

OFFERS WELCOME

Comment

Maybe its worth getting one to give it a go, the signal ain't wonderful here but hey ho, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver
                        all are good when stoped .but for some reason sky ones are the best when driving .
                        i'm picking up 47 ch in southampton ( radio+tv )
                        Isn't the transmitter on the IOW?
                        Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

i thought the same, for 55 its well worth ago
                          256Ram,40Gig,
                          Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

OFFERS WELCOME

Comment

Do us a favour .... drive to Congleton when you get it to see if it works for me ;-)

Comment

i think all the new ones are usb 2.0 so you can even do pic in pic.
                              as i got mine from a friend its an old one on usb 1.1 .
                              the new ones are alot better still.
                              The car

Comment

Working...
                              X