Power Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Switch

Hey I was just wondering it is possible to put a switch on the power cable going to the opus? The power as in the direct power cable from battery. IF not where can i put a switch besides on the remote like cuz i already go one there. IF the car PC ever "FREEZES" and stops respondingm if i flip that switch on the remote line wiht the pc eventually turn off? I have a 10second turn off delay....
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

I dont see why not

Comment

I would recommend the use of a relay, you don't want to be switching that high current wire directly from your dash.
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Well i would wanna be able to cut the power to the pc and then flip it back on....basically to turn off/turn back on
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant
        Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
          Hey I was just wondering it is possible to put a switch on the power cable going to the opus? The power as in the direct power cable from battery. IF not where can i put a switch besides on the remote like cuz i already go one there. IF the car PC ever "FREEZES" and stops respondingm if i flip that switch on the remote line wiht the pc eventually turn off? I have a 10second turn off delay....
          Searcht he forums. I know this has been addressed. If I remember correctly, there's even wiring diagrams to do exactly what you want.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
            Well i would wanna be able to cut the power to the pc and then flip it back on....basically to turn off/turn back on
            A relay allows you to use a low current (safer to run to dash) to switch a higher current (not so good to run through dash)

http://www.the12volt.com

lots of schematics there
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Why don't you install a regular power switch from the mb (like the case has) and just hold it down for six seconds. It should shut the power supply off and then you could turn it back on immediately.

- Jeff

edit: I just saw that you have an ITX setup - I don't know if they work like an ATX power supply...
              95 Mustang GT Convertible
              87 Mustang GT Convertible
              My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Working...
              X