Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting pc on top of speaker box = no no ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting pc on top of speaker box = no no ??

Well finally getting around to doing this already.... I want to build a nice mdf case with plenty of fans etc.... The speaker box in the extended cab of my truck takes up the entire rear. I want to build a box and mount it to the top of the speaker box in the corner, and put my dvd rom and everythign in it.... I'm running a laptop hard drive and an opus power supply. Motherboard is an old abit, p3 550 ecu, gig of ram, soundblaster live, 8" lili, dvd rom, blah blah blah.... Anyways, bad idea to mount to the top of it ?? Pic below, 2 12's downfiring.... 1600 rms, lol....

Ranger is gone, in with the new

02 Lincoln LSE
    Audio/Video In The Works

Rest of the truck if anyone cares,

02 Lincoln LSE
    Audio/Video In The Works

Comment

Engine looks like you stole it out of my car

If you are worried about the speaker magnets screwing with the hard drive don't worry.

When I was doing audio mixing I had a pair of 10" McCauley's setting on each side of my computer. If a pair of 30 lb magnets don't cause a problem nothing will.

That Holset is such a sweet turbo. Thinking about changing out my t3/04e for one.

Comment

Are you a turboford member ?? Thats actually my old T3/T04E in that pic. Since that pic I put int he essy head, turned upper intake, holset turbo, new shortblock ((crower rods, wiseco pistons, total seal rings, essy windage tray)) and added the standlone.... And not worried abotu the magnets, actually that WAS the least of my problems ((each sub has a 30 lb magnet....)) Thanks for planting the worry seed.... It was actually the vibration that I was worried about

02 Lincoln LSE
        Audio/Video In The Works

Comment

Figured that was an old shot. Like I said it looks just like mine.

I get on turboford once in a while as vcallaway. I usually hang out on the merk boards.

If you have the subs mounted solid the vibration should be the same everywhere. Your carputer will take more vibration abuse going down a rough road than from the subs. HD's are sensitive to sudden shock like hitting a pothole.

If you are really concerned pick up some rubber mounts for the computer. If you are good at scrounging, electric fuel pump mounts would work pretty good.

Here's a shot of my car. Right now the dash is out to get everything wired. Still waiting on a few parts to arrive.

Comment

Working...
          X