No announcement yet.

Need a big favor from someone with a VIA EPIA M1000

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a big favor from someone with a VIA EPIA M1000

heres the deal, i tried to update the bios onmy mainboard it didnt work since there is a problem with the newest bios.

i contacted via about te issue, they told me to send them the bios chip and they would reflash it. Well i sent it to them, but i dont know how long or if i will get it back.

What I am in needed of is for someone to write down all the number on there bios chip or even better take a picture of it for me. I found a site that i can buy a new chip from and they will flash it for me, but i need to know all what kind of chip it is.

is this good enough?
    Attached Files

that is perfect, do you know what revision your board is?

the blue sticker on the pci slot on mine says V300485
      and mine is a rev. B

Mines a little older, but not that old
        Attached Files

well yours is a rev. b as mine is, so i would think that the chip numbers should work.

Many thanks for the pictures.

no problem

What problems are you having? Did you read the thread at Via Arena?

I had no video output, but was able to flash back to an older bios blind. If your problem is slow memory, you either need temporary use of a faster dimm, or the new bios chip.

And I can't believe Via still has that bios for download after all the problems people have had. There is a "new" 1.16 bios linked to in a thread here, which I am now using, working well. Otherwise, get the 1.13 off the Via forums.
              In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1