morex firewire mislabeled?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morex firewire mislabeled?

hey guys, i just bought a morex venus and an epia m10000, i've for both of 'em and now i'm plugging it all in and when i get to firewire, the two tpa plugs are both labeled positive. one wire is blue and one is orange. got me nowhere. any clues?

also, does polarity matter when plugging in the power switch, reset button, hdd light and soforth?

thanks in advance for all yer help fellas.
    -Ross
    02 Camaro SS
    Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
    Tot: $983
    Buying stereo!

Originally posted by jrtf83
    hey guys, i just bought a morex venus and an epia m10000, i've for both of 'em and now i'm plugging it all in and when i get to firewire, the two tpa plugs are both labeled positive. one wire is blue and one is orange. got me nowhere. any clues?
    Try it one way ... if it don't work try it the other way.

Originally posted by jrtf83
    also, does polarity matter when plugging in the power switch, reset button, hdd light and soforth?
    for the power and reset button ... no. For the LEDs yes.
    My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

gracias, will do, i unfortunately have to do the same for the firewire i suppose. i took a guess that orange is hot, who knows
      -Ross
      02 Camaro SS
      Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
      Tot: $983
      Buying stereo!

Comment

Working...
      X