Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stripping laptop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stripping laptop...

    been offered a small laptop
    celeron m 1.4ghz
    256mb DDR
    40gb HDD
    DVD-RW
    802.11g
    12.1" widescreen

    will i need a "specialised" power supply for this or just a small 12v 150w power invertor? and will my 7" touchscreen just plug into the spare VGA port and usb?

  • #2
    need help asap

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lance123654
      been offered a small laptop
      celeron m 1.4ghz
      256mb DDR
      40gb HDD
      DVD-RW
      802.11g
      12.1" widescreen

      will i need a "specialised" power supply for this or just a small 12v 150w power invertor? and will my 7" touchscreen just plug into the spare VGA port and usb?
      For the power for the notebook you can buy a car adapter specifically made for the notebook and use that instead.

      As for the screen yes you can hook up VGA and USB to the notebook, but you are going to have to get a regulator and/or power supply for the screen.
      Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
      GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

      Comment


      • #4
        where do i get one of them from and how much do they cost?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure but best bet is you can search "Car Adapter + model of notebook" on froogle or ebay
          Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
          GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

          Comment


          • #6
            my mistake not the car adaptor i can get that from the manufactuar easy, i mean the power regulator for the tft?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lance123654
              my mistake not the car adaptor i can get that from the manufactuar easy, i mean the power regulator for the tft?
              The one listed here would work for you:
              http://www.digitalww.com/opus15WPOL.htm
              Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
              GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

              Comment


              • #8
                how the hell do i connect that? i suspect the 2 screws are for a + and - but since the patop wont have a 4-pin connector how do i go about that??? will i have to get the good old soldering iron out? sorry bout all the q's but dont know much about psu's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lance123654
                  how the hell do i connect that? i suspect the 2 screws are for a + and - but since the patop wont have a 4-pin connector how do i go about that??? will i have to get the good old soldering iron out? sorry bout all the q's but dont know much about psu's
                  OK now you are getting me confused the part I listed above is to power the screen. The power supply hooks into the cars battery and outputs power to the screen.

                  Or are you talking about the power supply for the notebook?

                  Edit: the power supply for the screen is run independly not on the notebook. And the notebook has its own power supply
                  Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
                  GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ahhh i see, tis just me being a dumbass so if i get the laptop, that psu for the screen and the screen itself, im ready to roll

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lance123654
                      ahhh i see, tis just me being a dumbass so if i get the laptop, that psu for the screen and the screen itself, im ready to roll
                      Yes, and don't forget the car adapter (power source) for the laptop
                      Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
                      GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Power the labtop and power the 7" add-in screen are 2 completely different thing.
                        Labtop require 19V I think. While the 7" screen require 12V.
                        You can get a labtop car adapter from the manufacturer or fleeeebay or local computer stores.
                        Now for the screen, most of them do come with a cig plug which regulate car power to 12V. Depend on which screen you buy. Some are good some are junk. Those with junk regulator, are one that need better regulator for the screen or tap into the 12V rail of the ATX PSU.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X