mini fridge for carputer case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini fridge for carputer case

I was just sitting in front of the computer on an xtra hot summer day and thought.

Has anybody ever tried to put a computer in a cooler "mini fridge" that plugs into the cars dc power.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...#more-pictures

that way it would keep your computer cold durring the summer, and if you lived in a extremely cold climate you could use the warming feature also. All you would have to do is make some holes in the door to run your cables. With the cooler you wouldnt need to run fans, and a cooler system is a better running system. So the lack of fans would equal the use of energy that the fridge used up, or at least it would help a little.

Just a thought. and it would make a cool looking case.

This comes up every once in a while, and the main consensus is that condensation will be a problem.
    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
    2 Kicker Comp 10"
    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    Check it out?!

Comment

I remember a thread abt this from a long while back.....as pudge points out.....your ATI card won't like being dunked in that moisture.....
      Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

Those cooler fridges don't cool that quick. I'd be surprised if if could remove the heat quicker than your PC puts it out.

Search on "Peltiers" for other posts on this topic.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

tried it already. It takes two hours to cool with the computer off. With the pc on the fridge cannot keep cool at all. This is what I did.

cooler #1

cooler #2

computers I used

biostar

Also used the epia m10000. Yes that too overheated in the coolers.
          The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
          CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
          PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
          Memory:1G
          Drives:160gig
          WI-FI:Cingular
          GPS:IG2k9
          Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
          The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

I have a little peltier frige I bought to try to keep my kid's drinks cold on long trips. It takes all day to cool down a little below ambient; I don't think it will do for a computer. It does build up a lot of condensation.

Comment

Working...
            X