IDE to USB 2.0 converter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE to USB 2.0 converter

ok guys i'm new here, but i've been reading through the forums ALOT. So I have got an hp-epc that i want to use for a carpc, and i have everything figured out, except it doesn't have usb 2.0 and it has no PCI slots for a 2.0 card. Is thier such thing as an IDE to USB 2.0. I'm not talking about this http://byterunner.com/byterunner/cat...to+IDE+Adapter. I'm talking about something that will plug into the ide cable and give me a USb 2.0 Port. I've googled and searched the forum like a good noob, but haven't found anything. Thanks in advance.

bump

Comment

not that i know of, you may have to go PCI USB2.0 card.
      Mods: 18" Boss rims,Twin custom stainless exhaust,cold air induction.
      Sound: Pioneer 7400 HU & 6x9's,12" Vibe Sub,600W Kenwood amp.
      CarPC: MicroATX, Inverter, WinTV, Lilliput 7", USB GPS
      http://www.no1knows.com/galleries/

Comment

Think about what connects to an IDE channel... Hard drives and optical drives.

Now think about what can be connected to a USB2.0 channel. Printers, digital cameras, audio devices, joysticks, video controllers, networking adapters, scanners, portable storage devices, ad nauseum.

Now, you tell me if you can accept a printer connection across an IDE channel via some IDE -> USB adapter.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yeah, i'm with DP, I don't think this is possible. IDE and USB are two totally different technologies, I wouldn't bother looking any further for this mystical beast. USB is set up to be a Universal device connector so a driver can be read to handle whatever data stream is coming down the pike. Theoretically the only way this could work is with a complicated piece of hardware that was like a "harddrive" emulator, but it would be a bottleneck of info I think.

Just get the PCI-> USB port.

Of course,the next post will be the part you're looking for, but I doubt it.

Comment

I don't see why a product like that shouldn't exsist? I've just done a quick google, and found nothing really, but I take it you want to be able to the hdd with you. have you thought about getting a removable HDD caddy?

Comment

IDE bus is Paralel, USB is serial, so there is no hope in hell for getting an adapter!
              -------------------------
              MB870 / P4 2.4 / 512MB DDR / Pinoneer Slimline DVD-RW / 7200 SATA 120GB HD <- OPUS 150W
              Xenarc 700TS <- CNX-P1260

Comment

alright guys thanx for the help i'll prob go mini itx or something...

Comment

Yeah its not possible to that.
                  FKA psptibby

Comment

Working...
                  X