8 gauge power distribution block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 gauge power distribution block

There are a lot of amp kits and individual power distribution blocks I've found (searching for days) but they're all 4 GA in, and 8 GA out. Since I'm only running an epia, no dvd, 7" Xenarc, a CB, and a Scanner I ran 8GA from the battery to the interior. Opus recommended 12 so it felt like I was erring safely enough. Shouldn't touch more than 25 amps at the most.

I had picked up a 4GA-in / 8GA-out block earlier today but it looked sloppy with the smaller cables so I returned it (didn't hold the wires well anyway).

Has anyone seen a fused distribution block designed for 8 GA in, and 10-12 GA out?
    99 Explorer: Dell Axim X5, Garmin iQue 1620, Dell TrueMobile wifi
    97 Venture: MII12k,512M,3.5" 80G,7" Xenarc,Holux GM-210, Keyhole Cam, Scanner + CB --> audio in
    currently: installing (finally!)

This guy had a lot of stuff including distros, but he is holding the sales for now. (until he return from school or something)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ribution+block
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

I used a 4GA-in / 8GA-out like you tried. Just cranked the screws down so the wire wouldn't pull out. It's buried under the dash so I don't care what it looks like, it works.

Z
      Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

fold the wire back onto the sheathing and clamp it all in the hole

Comment

Get a simple (and cheap) screw type fuseblock.

This one was sold for RV use, cost $10 and accepts up to 4ga in. I have wires connected to it ranging from 12 to 18 gauge. It ain't pretty, but the alternative is a bit on the pricey side, not to mention overkill.
          Attached Files
          In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

do you have that mounted in a case or anything so moisture or another loose conductive material laying around doesn't accidently short anything?
            97 Venture: MII12k,512M,3.5" 80G,7" Xenarc,Holux GM-210, Keyhole Cam, Scanner + CB --> audio in

Comment

Check out the tsunami blocks. I'm sure they have what you're looking for.
              2.4 celeron
              150 watt OPUS
              micro atx
              xp pro
              tv/radio tuner card
              audigy
              Dual monitor Radeon
              802.11G Mimo
              xm pcr
              dvd
              gps
              8" Lilliput touch screen
              IGuidance
              dual optimas
              battery isolator
              15" screen
              My Truck

Comment

Nope. It's mounted vertically under the hood near my my primary distribution block, no loose wires around. It didn't come with a cover, but you could hack a Radio Shack hobby box easily enough.

From my positive battery terminal I have a short run of 1/0 gauge to a Stinger block with 4/8ga outputs. A short section of 4ga then connects to the above block, and I have the other three outputs on the stinger taken up with 4ga to one amp, 8ga to a second, and 8ga to my pc/accessories.

The screw type fuse block powers my alarm, remote start, aux piezo sirens, seat heaters, trunk pop, etc. It really helped clean up my battery terminals, which were a maze of wiring.
                In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Found this late yesterday. Seems to be more like what I'm looking for. simple, affordable, does the job. various sizes (2-way up to 12-way), and gangable if you need to add more. lexan cover with rubber seal to prevent moisture or unwanted contact. Simple connectors, just plug on some female disconnects.

for $12.95usd, sounds like just the ticket.
                  Attached Files

Comment

fonseca where did you find that auxilary fuse block and jagsnag where did you find yours ?
                    Thanks
                    REBUILDING!!

Comment

http://www.wirthco.com/product_info....roducts_id/415

haven't ordered yet, but they can be found at a few places on the www.

Comment

cool thanks
                        REBUILDING!!

Comment

Mine was an ebay special. I think it had "RV" in the title.

The one jagsnag posted looks even nicer, assuming it has only input per block, not a power input for each output. That would be great to mount under the dash.

Comment

yeah i like it alot, but i had nothing better to do today at work, and just made one. Its pretty cool.
                            REBUILDING!!

Comment

why not show us what you built?

Comment

Working...
                              X