Possible fix to a power issue???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix to a power issue???

I purchased an M1-ATX and was going to buy a VIA micro motherboard. I realized that I had a shuttle PC in a closet and decided to use it. I ran it in the house on the original power supply and got everything set up. After installing in the car I powered it up and the fans turn but the PC does nothing. I can plug in the old power supply and all runs. Its a p4 style board running a celeron 1.8 ghz cpu. It has that damn alternate 4 prong power connector for which I bought the adapter to come off a molex for. Is there a way to get the M1-ATX to run this board. The PC has only a 2.5 inch drive and a USB GPS connected. Im sure it has the power!! Just is the power in the right place?? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Jason

Originally posted by jbyers
    I purchased an M1-ATX and was going to buy a VIA micro motherboard. I realized that I had a shuttle PC in a closet and decided to use it. I ran it in the house on the original power supply and got everything set up. After installing in the car I powered it up and the fans turn but the PC does nothing. I can plug in the old power supply and all runs. Its a p4 style board running a celeron 1.8 ghz cpu. It has that damn alternate 4 prong power connector for which I bought the adapter to come off a molex for. Is there a way to get the M1-ATX to run this board. The PC has only a 2.5 inch drive and a USB GPS connected. Im sure it has the power!! Just is the power in the right place?? Any help would be appreciated!!!
    Realize that that 4-prong connector is auxilliary 12v power.
    I wouldn't expect a M1-ATX to power that.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
    X