1GB Low-Pro Ram...Pls Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1GB Low-Pro Ram...Pls Help!

Im looking to upgrade my M10000 from 512 to 1GB hoping to get better performance but dont know where to buy a ram module that will fit...I have the Blue metal case in the mp3car.com store...the one that looks like an amp...not too concerned on brand...just want to make sure it fits...any help would be great!
    1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

Google it. You should measure and see if you can get away with standard low profile instead of ultra low profile, lots more options. Smart makes a 1gb ultra low profile dimm that's pc2100 I think, but it's not cheap.

I "downgraded" my M10000 from 512 to 256 to get better performance.
    In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

How is downgrading your ram going to improve your preformance? Im missing something here...
      1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

Comment

according to the info on that case regular ram should fit just fine. Check the thread with the pictures
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by fonseca
          Google it. You should measure and see if you can get away with standard low profile instead of ultra low profile, lots more options. Smart makes a 1gb ultra low profile dimm that's pc2100 I think, but it's not cheap.

I "downgraded" my M10000 from 512 to 256 to get better performance.

I got a MII 12K and switched fron 512mb to 1Gb and the performance is better (I seen comnments about hibernate but that is way diferent than sys performance overall)

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Much faster hibernate. 256mb has been plenty for me so far, not a single blip when switching between iGuidance, Firefox with an active USB wireless connection, Cliffnet, DVD in the drive with PoweDVD running, and 1.5gb divx files on the hdd all while playing music in Winamp with Milkdrop running in Road Runner. 256mb is all I need for my car setup.

Of course, my Windows install is stripped to the bone, and I have very few processes running. But I still don't understand what anyone is doing to need a gig. As an added bonus, my 512mb dimm was only able to run at 100mhz, while the 256mb dimm runs great at 133mhz.
            In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Working...
            X