Suggestions for a BT headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a BT headset

I have a Treo 650 and I do so like it. I like it even more because my boss is paying for it.
    However, it's come time to get a bluetooth headset. The Palm/Treo-branded one looks functional, but it's ugly as sin and far more expensive than most of the others I've seen.

I was at Fry's yesterday and saw several makes/models and want to know if any brands and/or models are better than others and why.
    Some of the cheaper brands were Palntronics, Southern Telecom and Golden Lantern.
    Plantronics I've heard of. I had a wired cellphone headset made by them and I liked it, but it wasn't all that comfortable. The sound quality was top-notch.

I've never heard of Golden Lantern or Southern Telecom

Here's what I'd like in a headset, in order of priority:
    1) Comfort. This is pretty paramount. It's even more touchy because I'm a big guy (6'2") and everything's in proportion. That means I've got a big melon and larger-than-most ears. Most over-the-ear headsets are designed for average ears and, as a result, are uncomfortable for me to wear for long periods.
    2) Talk/standby time. I'm lousy about recharging things, including the Treo itself. I've seen some that say they've got up to 10 hours talk time and 250 hours standby. Is that good? average?
    3) Noise cancelling mic. I drive a lot, and really enjoy cruising witht he windows down at times. A good noise-cancelling mic would enable me to talk while I cruise.

Any suggestions that y'all have are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Scala 500 all the way. It comes with a belt clip holster and a thing that attaches to your glasses instead of behind your ear.

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
      Scala 500 all the way. It comes with a belt clip holster and a thing that attaches to your classes instead of behind your ear.

PEace,

Rafster
      Never knew you could attack a headset to a class

I do know you mean glasses
      But you have to have glasses to use that feature
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l

Which I don't. I'll check it out, however.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l

hehe, my no spelling mexican *** was drunk....

All fixed now!

Peace,

Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

I've used a few bt headsets.....but nothing beats a bt hands free car install kit.... now THAT'S the way to go...... only problem it is expensive...... but not as expensive as getting the headset first, & THEN realizing this....
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
              I've used a few bt headsets.....but nothing beats a bt hands free car install kit.... now THAT'S the way to go...... only problem it is expensive...... but not as expensive as getting the headset first, & THEN realizing this....

Well, all you would need then is a phone that fully supports PhoCo and a BT dongle for your carputer. There you go fully integrated phone in your car, but wireless.

Peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

yeah, I could see it now......

"...no really officer, I DO have a hands free kit..... just give me 60 seconds to reboot!"
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                  yeah, I could see it now......

"...no really officer, I DO have a hands free kit..... just give me 60 seconds to reboot!"
                  Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                  X