Biostar M7VIG400 with Athlon XP-M 2600+ for $95 wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar M7VIG400 with Athlon XP-M 2600+ for $95 wow

Not a bad deal! Hopefully someone can take advantage of this. I already have a similar combo... paid a lot more though!
    LINK:
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...7VIG400-2600-N
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

gret! thank you!
    but what PSU did you use to power it? i already have a Opus 150.
    do you think the Opus will be enough?

Comment

It should be able to run it because it is a XP-Mobile processor (uses less wattage)
      2005 Black Chevy Impala
      Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Are they reputable?
        Is it the 45 watt one?
        I've been looking at this page http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp
        and there is a 35, 45 and 72 watt one. THe 2600 with a barton core only seems to come as 45 watt... can anyone confirm this is the case?
        Thanks

Comment

If you click the link at the bottom of the page that says CPU Specs, its the 72 watt version. Not that great of a deal than! http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD...2600FKT4C.html

Comment

I have bought from them in the past and they were great. I did not order this setup from them.

If anyone wants to call to verify here is their number:

Sales, General Inquires, Order Processing, Gift Certificates, Shipping Issues:
            1-760-726-7700
            Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time
            Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time
            Closed weekends and holidays

I think they more likely linked the wrong specs.
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
            Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
            StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Probably wrong specs... they state this XP-M came from a laptop... can't be a 72W IMHO... also, geeks.com is a reputable merchant. I have purchased twice before, no probs.
              2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

I've sent them an email so I hope to hear back sometime Monday. Hopefully it's just the wrong specs. My tax return arrived today so it's time to buy!

Comment

any news? i just bought a athlon m 2400+ 35 w for 90 bucks from newegg, hopefully i can return it and buy this and get a cpu with a free mobo!

Comment

I called them at 2am last night (dam time differance between australia and the usa..)
                    Go put through three people and none could give me a definate answer. "The only information we have is what's on the website". So that's not really going to help much.

I think i might have to get one from newegg also. I noticed they don't come with fans, do they just use a standard socket a fan for the mobile cpus?

Comment

Imo!

At newegg the Biostar M7NCG ($60) and a AMD XP-M 2400+ ($89) is a much better buy for just $150. $50 more and NVIDIA chipset w/ nvidia IGP... IMO way worth the $50 more.... especially when you know what processor you are getting and what kind of power it uses...

BIOSTAR M7NCG
                      Chipsets - NVIDIA nForce2 IGP, NVIDIA nForce2 MCP
                      VS.
                      Biostar M7VIG 400
                      Chipsets - VIA KM266 Pro, VT8235

BIOSTAR M7NCG (WINS!)

Haven't set bought this yet but I am pretty sure I am buying the M7NCG w/ 2400+

Comment

Sounds good jbruns,
                        I noticed they have both the AMD XP-M 2400+ 45 and 35w versions. Is there any performance diff at all or is one chip just cooler and using less power?

Also, do you need to do any pinmods to get this combination to work together?
                        If not I think i'll go this route

Comment

"# Newegg.com does not offer International/Canadian shipping options at this time."

hmm, maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by infinite
                            Sounds good jbruns,
                            I noticed they have both the AMD XP-M 2400+ 45 and 35w versions. Is there any performance diff at all or is one chip just cooler and using less power?

Also, do you need to do any pinmods to get this combination to work together?
                            If not I think i'll go this route
                            I don't think there is a performance difference, but you might end up underclocking it anyway, with the Biostar. Go with the 35W version like I did, as it will run cooler / consume less power.

You DO NOT need any hardware modification if you are using the BIOSTAR M7NCG400 and the Athlon XP-Mobile 2400+ processor. You will need to play with the BIOS settings a little, but that's all.

Good luck, it is a winning combination
                            2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Sounds good justintime,
                              Now I just have to find a place that will actually ship it to Australia...

Comment

Working...
                              X