Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cellphone gets pages during a break in? how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cellphone gets pages during a break in? how?

    I remember someone on here saying they had their car setup so it will page their cellphones if their car alarm went off. After my recent lose due to a break in ($4,000), I'm thinking that it might be worth it!

    Would you have to buy one of those prepaid phones, or is there something that can just send a text message and only be a one time charge? ideas?

  • #2
    Originally posted by XxAndyxX
    I remember someone on here saying they had their car setup so it will page their cellphones if their car alarm went off. After my recent lose due to a break in ($4,000), I'm thinking that it might be worth it!

    Would you have to buy one of those prepaid phones, or is there something that can just send a text message and only be a one time charge? ideas?
    Get it to call you instead, sms is not all that reliable. Security wise, its so crap that you might get the text the next day, sometimes not at all.

    Comment


    • #3
      Rhino Advanced RAM GSM

      I have one of these. Ever so reliable.
      You get an SMS whenever the alarm is set off telling you where they have gained access (door, boot, hood, window, smashed glass etc) It is a multipoint imobilizer with the ability to sms the car and disable the fuel system if they get away with the car. You can also arm, disarm, lock and unlock the car from your phone (amoungst other functions). Not sure if it is available oversea's tho. it is also approved by insurance companies.

      http://www.rhinosecurity.com/go.php?p=156

      We don't have issues with SMS here (Australia).



      --------------------
      My Car PC: http://www.bachomp.net/?q=image/tid/20
      Check out my Car PC: http://www.bachomp.net/?q=image/tid/20

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by baChoMp
        I have one of these. Ever so reliable.
        You get an SMS whenever the alarm is set off telling you where they have gained access (door, boot, hood, window, smashed glass etc) It is a multipoint imobilizer with the ability to sms the car and disable the fuel system if they get away with the car. You can also arm, disarm, lock and unlock the car from your phone (amoungst other functions). Not sure if it is available oversea's tho. it is also approved by insurance companies.

        http://www.rhinosecurity.com/go.php?p=156

        We don't have issues with SMS here (Australia).



        --------------------
        My Car PC: http://www.bachomp.net/?q=image/tid/20

        How much? any pics of the products or did I missed it all together

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baChoMp
          I have one of these. Ever so reliable.
          You get an SMS whenever the alarm is set off telling you where they have gained access (door, boot, hood, window, smashed glass etc) It is a multipoint imobilizer with the ability to sms the car and disable the fuel system if they get away with the car. You can also arm, disarm, lock and unlock the car from your phone (amoungst other functions). Not sure if it is available oversea's tho. it is also approved by insurance companies.

          http://www.rhinosecurity.com/go.php?p=156

          We don't have issues with SMS here (Australia).
          That is REALLY Awesome. I used to have TXT/SMS issues with Verizon, but now that I'm wih Cingular it's almost like as if I was IMing with the person.

          BTW, is there a monthly fee for this Rhinosoft thing?

          Peace,

          Rafster
          Post # 3000

          Comment


          • #6
            It says it requires a GSM mobile phone. Is that a technology or an actual phone? More info please!

            Comment


            • #7
              I feel a new project coming along, think about this...

              Getting one of these prepaid phones=> LINK

              Features:
              Hack up the phone so it will call you during a break in.
              Make it so when you call the phone it will start your CarPC.
              Connect the speaker wires to the computer
              The computer can then analyze your voice (make sure it's you)
              Then, you can control various features of your car
              AC controls
              Lights
              Engine start
              Audio
              etc...

              Then think about this... Someone breaks into your car, well you get a call and now you have the ability to control your car... So you start your car, you make your voice come out of the speakers, start flashing your interior lights!

              Anyone think this project is worth persuing, or do you think it's a dead end?

              Comment


              • #8
                wow, great idea.
                2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE - My cardomain page.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ^^^ Is the technology a phone uses to communicate (TDMA, GSM, etc)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    most of those prepaid phones still require you to add minutes every month to keep them active, also there is usually a minimum of 30 additional minutes each month. Thats going to cost you about $10 a month
                    PC Components:
                    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                    My work log

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I can see this getting huge!

                      There has got to be something out there like this, if not, this could make someone extremely rich...

                      Right now, I'm thinking this would have to be hooked to the computer to do everything, but what if we could make it a strand-alone system. It would be similiar to Viper's GPS alarm system except you wouldn't have to be connected to the computer, everything would be voice operated!

                      Check out vipers video on the product here: http://viper.com/press/multimedia/CN...DCAST_100k.wmv

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i think it would be so much nicer if they just improved the viper technology....and make it more widley available. They could have you set up an account with email, phone number, sms number...etc to contact you immediatly if your alarm goes off.

                        on the other hand....if they came out with some non-bs prepaid plans that you did not have to "refill" (even if you have left over minutes) to keep active, this approach would be great.


                        a sidenote about the viper system. I was all hyped about getting it, because the assclowns that work at circuit-city were feeding me a bunch of bull**** about there never being any required service fee for the service. However, reading futher, usually the first year is free...then its like 10 or so a month
                        PC Components:
                        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                        My work log

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This technology is already available guys.... for BlondStar

                          Well, you have to mod it a little to work the way you want.
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MatrixPC
                            This technology is already available guys.... for BlondStar

                            Well, you have to mod it a little to work the way you want.
                            Haha, that's fuggin hilarious. I need to get that for my GF.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X