Need a quiet Socket A fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quiet Socket A fan

Ohhhh my is the one i have loud!!! Can anyone recommend a quiet Socket A fan?
    Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Try HERE

I use the Zalman CNPS6000-ALCU AMD it's very quiet and keeps my athlon xp 2400 at 40c idle 46c full load

Comment

Stu, thaniks for that, but its a UK thing... anyone have any advice in the states? Ill search those products out around though
      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

I'm sure a lot of these products are available in the states too.
        I posted the link as a reference, as its one of the better sites for info on noise levels etc ...

Comment

hmm, yup found plenty in the states. Again, thanks!!

Comment

No doubt Zalman's are tops for quiet CPU Heatsinks. My only concern in a mobile application would be that some of the Zalman's sit pretty tall with the Center of Gravity well away from the CPU and Motherboard. This might lead to the heatsink destroying the the board when subjected to the bouncing of a car or truck.

A fairly conventional alternative:
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106607

Comment

Working...
            X