hibernate/standy mode ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hibernate/standy mode ?

Forgive me if this question has been posed before.

Is it at all possible to get your CarPuter to go into Hibernate or StandBy mode automatically when the ignition is turned off ?
    StandBy would be perfect as it boots real quick, but hibernation is still a huge improvement over a full boot.

Standby mode would mean a permanent drain on the battery, and Hibernate would just require power to save the hibernation data. I guess thats easy enough to do, but how would I get the PC to hibernate automatically on ignition ****ch off ?

Control Panel, Power Options, Enable Hybernation, Advanced Tab> "when I push the power button"....pick <hybernate>.

BTW: I jusyt noticed...on my work pc I can't enable hybernation. So you might not have that option... hopefully someone more knowledgeable can answer that then.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

at work you are probably on a network with a server and they may not let you hibernate
      My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

Reviving an old thread...

I got mine set 'when put power button, Hybernate'. But what about 'when push reset button'? What should I set it to? Do nothing?

The reason I'm asking is that my carputer sometimes doesn't wake up when the IGN is switched on. It only shows a black screen with a blinking cursor in it. I wonder what's the problem?

Comment

Well that is software of sorts, because if the cursor blinks, then it has "turned on' (unless of course it never turned off).
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by SentraVIP View Post
            Reviving an old thread...
            I'll say...

I got mine set 'when put power button, Hybernate'. But what about 'when push reset button'? What should I set it to? Do nothing?
            What do you want your reset button to do?

The reason I'm asking is that my carputer sometimes doesn't wake up when the IGN is switched on. It only shows a black screen with a blinking cursor in it. I wonder what's the problem?
            In that case, don't set the functionality of the reset btton and let it restart your PC (assuming you have one connected to the motherboard).
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Well, it's turned off (hybernate) after the IGN is switched off. The problem is sometimes it resumes alrite and sometimes it doesn't.

Will try it tonight as you say darquepervert...

Comment

Hmmm I have an Opus (still on the work bench) and mine hibernates fine when I disconnect the ignition, but then it doesn't start itself back up when I reconnect the ignition, I have to disconnect the main (battery) power first and then reconnect the ignition and it starts back up. Is there a way to get it to come back on when the ignition is reconnected? If I shut down normally by going start > shut down or whatever, and then disconnect the ignition, it comes right back on when i reconnect the ignition.

Comment

I don't know why, but mine works fine now...

I set mine to Power Off = Hybernate, Reset = Do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X