Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding memory?

Hi,

My first post so ill say hello to all you friendly people, a very resourcefull site.
    My names jon if you hadnt guessed already

First question is about Ram.

My setup is a P3 500 with a 20gb maxtor hdd and a samsung dvd rom drive, currently got 256mb pc133 Ram and playing dvds it sometimes jumps/freezes?

Running XP home and power dvd and media car for music/radio

would putting in another 256 stick help the issue? would it take a 512 stick and have 768mb ram?

Thanks
    Jon

my second guess is you drive a vectra.

not sure if the processor is up to it, but try memory upgrade first (512mb not 768), then look into maybe upgrading processor.

Also when you have upgraded, look into getting RoadRunner it is similar to MediaCar but has more features, has a built in DVD player and is in active developement.

Oh yeah welcome.

Comment

thanks for the reply

Yep. i do drive a vectra

the thing is... the whole system is mounted in my glove box so upgrading to anything with a bigger heatsink will be a bit of a PITA.

i added a 128 stick to give me 384 and it made quite a big difference to performance so hopefully 512mb total should be fine (fingers crossed)

Ive looked at roadrunner but not installed it yet.

Ta

Comment

i can get my hands on a p3 866 with 512 ram.... this would do nicely i believe?

Comment

bttt?

Comment

Originally posted by vectra-jon
            i can get my hands on a p3 866 with 512 ram.... this would do nicely i believe?
            I think so. I have something similar for my desktop pc and it plays DVDs fine.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
            X