Overclocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking

Anyone here have their carpc overclocked? and if you do how much?... and are the heat issues bad?
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

I overclocked my P4-1.8 northwood to 2.4. I didn't notice the difference in heat, but Mappoint runs a lot faster which makes me arrive at my locations quicker. It saves me a lot of time. I plan on switching to a dual core P4 to really speed it up. I figure I'll be able to sleep in another 15 minutes in the morning without being late for work.

Comment

lol.. yea i have an athlon xp 2200+ stock runs at 1.8 i just overclocked it today... looks like I can get it around 2.1..... too bad my mobo doesnt have many setting for ocing just the fsb, and maybe power... i just found sumthin online telling me another place to look, once the benchmark is done ill check that out

Comment

too bad no power settings, but i got it successfully and completely stable at 2009.7Mhz

Comment

2500+ running as a 3200+, just because I prefer everything to run at the same 400 fsb. I see very little temp difference mostly because I didn't have to bump the voltage up. Taking it any higher just seemed silly in a carpc. I don't even consider this an overclock. Most 2500's can run as 3200's, and quite a few of them can do so at their stock voltage.

Comment

Unless you are like running some sort of intense application, and I cant think of a carputer one off the top of my head, why would you need to overclock anything past a P3? It should do what you want, quickly enough. Increase the RAM first id say.
            (All done)
            iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

yea got my new xp-m and the darn ram isnt fast enough to let me go past 166Mhz FSB with a multiplier of 13, not sure about the multiplier yet though still stress testing

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki
                Unless you are like running some sort of intense application, and I cant think of a carputer one off the top of my head, why would you need to overclock anything past a P3? It should do what you want, quickly enough. Increase the RAM first id say.
                boot times i guess

Comment

and for my dual monitor pc.... sometimes there maybe music, gps, and a dvd plus two frontends running at one time, so i dont want any lag in the system with that much stress on it

Comment

Working...
                  X