VIA motherboard and PCI USB card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA motherboard and PCI USB card

I'm experiencing the same problems that many people have been having with the VIA chipsets and USB devices. Do you think if you installed a secondary USB card in a PCI slot that it would work any differently? Would it still work the same as the onboard USB ports? It's just a thought and i wonder if anyone knows about it. I saw an adaptec USB 2.0 card at bestbuy yesterday for pretty cheap.

thanks.
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Go for adaptec ! I had troubles finding a USB2 card for my not-so-old-but-yet-outdated Kx7-333 mobo, tried cheap usb2.0 cards... till i finally bit the bullet and buy an adapect duoconnect 3121. It runs flawlessly.
    Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

hey dude ive got the m10k and my usb devices work fine give it another shot why would u wanna clutter ur case with a big old pci card lol

Comment

Because their usb support sucks. I've been trying to get my slim DVD drive to work. When it connects, it works flawlessly but when it doesn't detect, you have to unplug it and plug it in twice to get it to detect. This is one option, or get a slim dvd to firewire converter.
        Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Originally posted by warnockm
          Because their usb support sucks. I've been trying to get my slim DVD drive to work. When it connects, it works flawlessly but when it doesn't detect, you have to unplug it and plug it in twice to get it to detect. This is one option, or get a slim dvd to firewire converter.
          oh my friend had that problem ive got his board now but i havnt come across that

Comment

Working...
          X