Still Can't Get New Motherboard To Power Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Can't Get New Motherboard To Power Up

Okay, some of ya'll may remember that I was having trouble trying to power up my new Epox EP-8RDA+ motherboard. Well, the front Power On/Off Buttons had different connectors because of the Dell OEM case I was going to use. So, I bought this case, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129155 ...

Now, I installed everything and reinstalled time and time again. I can't get the motherboard to power up. I know the motherboard takes the 20-pin connector so I seperate the 24-pin to 20-pin so do I not worry about the other 4-pin connector now? I have a few other connectors left but this case has a power supply with Dual 12V so I believe that I am using all that I need.

Also, the Power On/Off Buttons on the front of the case match up, finally, with the motherboard. However, the PC still doesn't come on. Which way am I suppose to have the Reset connector, HDD LED connector, Power SW connector, etc? I mean does the words go on top or on the bottom?

Please, I really need help. I hope that my motherboard isn't screwed up.... I guess that could be a possibility. I do hear the power supply making a little noise once I disconnect the power plug from it...
    Realm Of Excursion Videos

Okay, so what kinda of Motherboard and CPU should I look at?

I was thinking of this, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...535381&CatId=0

Comment

Okay so I went ahead and removed and reinstalled everything again and now I get POST Code 68. Well, at least that is what it appears to be because it fades away fast. The monitor's LED does turn on green this time but once the POST Code readout goes blank, then the LED goes to amber on the monitor.

Any ideas or suggestions on this POST Code? I am going to try to reinstall everything again later one hardware piece at a time to see if I can fix it.

Comment

I looked up your Epox board at their website and perused the user manual (which is what you should have done, n00b, really).
        POST code 68 is 'Reserved'. I'd return the motherboard, assuming that's an option.
        Manual: http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/download....Rll5TG5ncEM%3D
        Check out Appendix D.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

^ uh, yeah. I have the manual. Also, I have the manual for the diagnotic car that Epox has available because it explains some POST codes more in depth.

Anyway, the POST Code 68 is in reference to the Video Card. At least, that's what Epox told me.....

Comment

So try another video card....

If the board has onboard video, make certain it's not disabled in teh BIOS.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

^ if the PC won't boot up, how can I make certain the onboard video isn't disabled?

Comment

try a pci videocard
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

I did. I have 2 PCI video cards. I know both of them work because I tried them on my other PC...

Comment

Working...
                  X