CPU has been changed or removed - Error message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU has been changed or removed - Error message

Typical isn't it, one minute the carpc is working fine, shut it down, fire it up 30 minutes later and I get "CPU has been changed or removed" and the pc goes into an infinite boot cycle. Now I've googled a bit and it could possibly be due to the cmos battery being dead.

I've reset the cmos and reconfigured the bios but no luck sorting the problem there.

Its a pretty standard Epia M10000

My questions are:

Has anyone ever come across this problem and what was the fix?
    Are cmos batteries standard sizes etc, so could I rob one out of another pc?

Cheers guys, need a quick fix as I can't do without my carpc
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

cmos battery are all same size cr2032.

Comment

CR2032 - just don't buy em from Dixons!

your cmos may have been reset by something. Happened to me before now but worth changing the battery.

Comment

Grrrr, I've tried 2 different batteries and I'm still getting the same problem. The pc boots to the Windows boot screen but then goes back to the initial boot screen. It doesn't seem to matter what I set the bios at. Choosing safe mode etc makes no difference either. I hate computers!!!!

REP CLUB IS DEAD
        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

is there a jumper to save/reset the bios? it may have been knocked off or summit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
            is there a jumper to save/reset the bios? it may have been knocked off or summit.
            Yeah, checked that. No obvious problems. I've just hooked out the hd and plugged it into the desktop. It autochecked the drive and I briefly saw (cooking dinner at the same time) that there were some corrupted/missing files. I'm just pulling off all my data stuff and progs just in case I have to do a fresh install of XP. Maybe the files were fixed so I'll try it out in a bit.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

sound like a power spike ( personal experience )

i assume you got your bios working properly.

Comment

a little while back we had the same problem with alot of our computers on the network where I work. We just reformatted them

Comment

I managed to get it sorted. I think hooking up the drive to my desktop as a secondary master and the autochecking of the disk may have resolved corrupted files. Stuck it back in the carpc and it booted to windows ok. Tried to do a restore to an earlier point but that failed. I think it was down to a bad install of Ezsync 1.92 this afternoon. Uninstalled ezsync and everything seems to be stable. Phew!!

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                  LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Good job Rusty! I knew if kept the solution to myself you would eventually figure it out for yourself, and there by gain valuable self confidence and never forget your experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X