Looking for a proximity relay/transmitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a proximity relay/transmitter

On many of the newer cars like Infinity's FX series and C6 Corvettes, you don't really use your keys to turn on the car or unlock the doors. It unlocks the doors automatically when you get within a certain distance from the car.

I'm wanting to install something like that for my car. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a relay/switch that will activate when the transmitter is within a certain distance?

look for an alarm with keyless entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
      How does that do what he's asking?

-arebelspy
      See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
      Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
      i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Bluetooth or RFID. Its been covered in the Hardware Dev section.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
          How does that do what he's asking?

-arebelspy
          are you serious?

he wants to get in and disable the imobiliser without keys so he can just walk up and push a start button. Keyless entry means you have an RFID style tag thing so whan you walk up it unlocks - just like Renaults and Mercs have had for ages.

Comment

Keyless entry means you have an RFID style tag thing so whan you walk up it unlocks
            On nearly every aftermarket alarm I've seen, "keyless entry" = you have to push a button to lock/unlock it.. it's not triggered by you just walking close to it (although I'm sure there are some like this, that isn't what keyless entry is).

-arebelspy

Comment

Ive seen a relay module beforeon partsexpress.com but dont see it now. I'll keep looking. So far this is all I can find. http://www.aaaremotes.com/reprremonuam.html
              2.4 celeron
              150 watt OPUS
              micro atx
              xp pro
              tv/radio tuner card
              audigy
              Dual monitor Radeon
              802.11G Mimo
              xm pcr
              dvd
              gps
              8" Lilliput touch screen
              IGuidance
              dual optimas
              battery isolator
              15" screen
              My Truck

Comment

Keyless entry means you have an RFID style tag thing so whan you walk up it unlocks - just like Renaults and Mercs have had for ages.
                Actually, keyless entry also refers to using a remote to lock and unlock the car. An example are all the cars sold in the 90's and 2k's with "Keyless Entry". arebelspy and I were confused at how a convential keyless entry system can be used for the OP's question.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
                  Actually, keyless entry also refers to using a remote to lock and unlock the car. An example are all the cars sold in the 90's and 2k's with "Keyless Entry". arebelspy and I were confused at how a convential keyless entry system can be used for the OP's question.

"what is keyless entry"

-arebelspy

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Bluetooth or RFID. Its been covered in the Hardware Dev section.
                    The search of RFID come with a few results but most of them led to some kind of bluetooth device or something that required computer interaction. I was something that isn't connected to the computer at all.

My alarm (viper 691xv) has keyless entry, but doesn't do what I'm wanting at all.

I know what I'm talking about, but it's just I don't know what it's called. I will do some more searching on RFID, but if anyone comes across a link that looks like what I am trying to use please post it!

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
                      The search of RFID come with a few results but most of them led to some kind of bluetooth device or something that required computer interaction. I was something that isn't connected to the computer at all.
                      Read that entrie thread. there's a link to a device there (around the end).
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by n8scstm
                        Ive seen a relay module beforeon partsexpress.com but dont see it now. I'll keep looking. So far this is all I can find. http://www.aaaremotes.com/reprremonuam.html
                        Getting closer... but that says the range is 5 inches, and I am looking for something more around 15 feet.

Comment

old remote control stuff is called "remote control central locking"

the newish Renaults and Mercs started coming out with keyless entry.

Comment

screw you guys: http://www.valeo.com/automotive-supplier/Jahia/pid/574

you all talk bollox!

"Marketing studies have shown that many drivers prefer easy and quick entry into their car without having to fumble for keys which is considered annoying and time wasting. The answer to these demands is the award-winning keyless entry system. All the driver needs to carry is a smart card which can be placed among other credit cards. This means you always know where it is," said Martin Haub, Group Vice President, Research & Development and Product Marketing.

The keyless entry system has important driver benefits over conventional key fob operated systems:

Comment

screw you guys: http://www.valeo.com/automotive-supplier/Jahia/pid/574

you all talk bollox!
                              lol, its a type of keyless entry... just a more advanced version.

keyless: without the use of a key

Comment

Working...
                              X