mainboard swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mainboard swap

hey, I got the via epia mainboard and I wanted to know if I could switch to another motherboard. Like a desktop one off of tiger direct or something. I just wanted to know what are the disadvantages to switching from a via m1000 to like a p3-p4 desktop motherboard. I have M1-ATX 90 Watt power supply that I would like to power the desktop motherboard I need to know asap so I can get this thing up and running.

any info is appreciated

if windows is already installed, you'll need to run sysprep to have the migration be a success.
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

no the harddrive is new just need a motherboard to get it started and the desktop ones are more powerful and cheaper just bigger which I dont mind I just wanna know is it gonna work

Comment

well, a p3&p4 will use more power the the epia...some p3s use far less then the p4s.....so this is a concern i think this is the only disadvantage other then size
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

Im looking for the wattage calculator thing so I can check but cant find it can someone help me so I know what I can get with my 90 watt power supply

Comment

I went the other way and went smaller and COOLER. This is the main reason and the power usage was second. I like the VIA board very much. I have a celeron board I just took out if interested. Only 1 month old. PM if interested.
            The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

I switched to atx...because my damn VIA died first day I had it. ****in cap blew.....and I said **** it!
              PC Components:
              My work log

Comment

Hmmm. the first thing I typed into google (No Lie) was "itx power calculator"

But - heres a link because I'm feeling generous!

With a sarcastic smilie...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...lculator&meta=

(It's the first one on the list)
                www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Working...
                X