Boot Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Problems

Ok I am currently runing an standard atx mobo (Asus a733x i think) with a AMD1700+ and 512mb of ram and an Opus 150. I have a radeon 9000pro for video and a super 7" lcd for a screen. When I boot the computer will run find up untill windows loads and then the screen displays no signal. If I boot the computer into safe mode the screen works fine. I tried hooking up the computer to a regular monitor witht he same results.

I have removed the drivers for the ati video card and the vid card and screen seem to work ok untill i reinstall the drivers then reboot. Sometimes it works others it dont. When the screen turns off and a force shut down the computer I get the video display drivers have casue an error and this is the cause of the instability. Anyone else ever had this problem and know of a solution. btw I have tried many different drivers.

Sounds liek you're running a resolution and/or refresh rate that your monitor can't handle.
    Are you using VGA out or TV out?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

vga. The res should not be too much for my desktop monitor. It seems to be just deciding to not to output a signal. Or the drivers are not starting correctly.

Comment

you could go into safe mode and stop the ati tool from loading at bootup in msconfig in case that is forcing some crazy resolution

Comment

Working...
        X