Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CarPC Gets BLACKOUT! when monitor is connected!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC Gets BLACKOUT! when monitor is connected!

Hi all...

I got a huge problem, and i CANT figure out what, and where the problem is...

I have bought, Some hardware, for my CarPC here is the list:

ITX Motherboard: VIA Epia-M10000N, 1000 MHz, Nehemiah
    Memory: Kingston 512 DDR 3200
    HD: Seagate ST94813A, 40GB 2.5", 5400/8192
    DvD Drive: QSI Combo Drive, CDRW - SBW-243
    Case Whit PSU: Morex Cubid 3688, Black

And to monitor the whole system, i have bought a LCD Screen, Touch + VGA, from CarTFT.Com, and its a CTF-700

And now, to the problem..

My Computer, is actually working fine, and have configured whit software over several days.. And Today, i just got my touchscreen, from CarTFT, to monitor the whole thing really nice.. Or..?

When i plugin the monitor, and try to turn on the computer, it disagree, it will not response.. The turnoff LED is making a small light, and shut off again, 0,1 mill sec. It will not turn on!.. but!, when i take the monitor out, it turns on correct, hmm? - And now.. when i try to plugin the monitor when to carpc have booted up, its shutsdown again.. its get a blackout.. the whole computer..!

After i have tried to do lots of things, i thought, does the monitor work at all? so i tested it on my regulare computer, HomePC, and it works fine!!!...

And the CarPC Computer, is allso working fine, whit my Home 19" monitor... So what can i do? both things work, but just not together...?

The CarPC, gets power, from the PSU there followed whit it, and allso The Monitor, from CarTFT.Com, each hardware, got there own... powersupply...

BG Tommy Christiansen, for god sake, plz help me, im going nuts over it...
    // Tommy Christiansen (Denmark) - Vectra B

check display settings in bios....then check display settings for your OS
    CarPC #3: 99% Complete
    Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
    DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
    OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
    Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
    500+ full albums
    4,000+ video games
    music videos, movies, & more!
    old carPC

Comment

Originally posted by Sympotonic
      Hi all...

I got a huge problem, and i CANT figure out what, and where the problem is...

I have bought, Some hardware, for my CarPC here is the list:

ITX Motherboard: VIA Epia-M10000N, 1000 MHz, Nehemiah
      Memory: Kingston 512 DDR 3200
      HD: Seagate ST94813A, 40GB 2.5", 5400/8192
      DvD Drive: QSI Combo Drive, CDRW - SBW-243
      Case Whit PSU: Morex Cubid 3688, Black

And to monitor the whole system, i have bought a LCD Screen, Touch + VGA, from CarTFT.Com, and its a CTF-700

And now, to the problem..

My Computer, is actually working fine, and have configured whit software over several days.. And Today, i just got my touchscreen, from CarTFT, to monitor the whole thing really nice.. Or..?

When i plugin the monitor, and try to turn on the computer, it disagree, it will not response.. The turnoff LED is making a small light, and shut off again, 0,1 mill sec. It will not turn on!.. but!, when i take the monitor out, it turns on correct, hmm? - And now.. when i try to plugin the monitor when to carpc have booted up, its shutsdown again.. its get a blackout.. the whole computer..!

After i have tried to do lots of things, i thought, does the monitor work at all? so i tested it on my regulare computer, HomePC, and it works fine!!!...

And the CarPC Computer, is allso working fine, whit my Home 19" monitor... So what can i do? both things work, but just not together...?

The CarPC, gets power, from the PSU there followed whit it, and allso The Monitor, from CarTFT.Com, each hardware, got there own... powersupply...

BG Tommy Christiansen, for god sake, plz help me, im going nuts over it...

I know it is probably a translation issue, from Danish to English, but where is the Monitor receiving power from? Is it the same power supply for the CarPC? If it, try powering the monitor from another source while connecting the monitor to the CarPC, and see if that changes anything. It is possible, though unlikely, that the Monitor is too much for the CarPC power supply, and that is causing the computer to shut down.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

HI Michael, and thx for the words.. you were right, translation problem hehe. the monitor have its own powersupplu, and allso the carpc, have its own.. so got other ideas `?

Comment

Try the carpc powered from the car and screen powered from a main supply and see if it works .... it may be a power problem in that the car can't power everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
            check display settings in bios....then check display settings for your OS
            Just what he said.

It is a very strange problem. I don't think I have ever heard of something similar.

Is the computer actually turning off or shutting down, or is it just that the screen doesn't display a picture?

Are you connecting the VGA cable, or are you using the NTSC/Pal RCA connectors?

Michael
            ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Gobby: none of it, is connected to the car.. i have the whole system right here at my desktop... i thought, it was a good idea, to test the system here at home, before i conected the whole system to the car hehe... The Monitor, and the CarPC Case, both come whit powersupply, to 230 ACV, and 12V Car, so i have just connected it all here at home, whit the 230-12 AC-DC adapters, to check it... but it dosnt work! :/

Michael: The screen is not turning of, the whole computer is shutting down, be active on this tread later this evening? i will record whit a video camera, a clip in 1-2 minutes, and stream it on the net, so you can se my actually problem i post the link in here later, when i come home from work

BG Tommy Christiansen...

Comment

weird...
                500+ full albums
                4,000+ video games
                old carPC

Comment

are any usb devices working? Those Epia-M10000 are known for blowing their caps...and have been known to cause USB issues similar to this.
                  PC Components:
                  Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                  My work log

Comment

try removing the DVD drive and all unnecessary devices (USB, etc) and see if thats any better. Check all of your jumpers on your drives, devices.
                    500+ full albums
                    4,000+ video games
                    old carPC

Comment

Hi all, again hehe... Well first of all, the screen aint even connected whit the usb, only the vga.. so it has nothing to do about the usb bus...

Second of all, i have made a small movie, about 4 minutes long, you can stream/download it here:

http://www.sympotonic.net/carpcblackout.avi

At the video, i first show, i have 2 systems, my home computer, and my carpc, and the carpc, monitor, and case, have a powersupply at there own.. then i try to boot up the machine, and you can se at the blue LED/light, that its get a peak, and shutdown imidaly!!!

Then i try to take the monitor off, and the carpc turns on right... then i do it again, and same isue.. then i turn on the carpc, and try to connected the monitor after that, and the cpu/system shutsdown again...

After that, you can see i test my carpc, at my home 17" screen, and its works... then i test the 7" touchscreen, whit my home pc, and thats work allso.. then to the final, i try to connect the 7" touchscreen again, whit my carpc, and its shutsdown again.. those 2 things, cannot work togheter, but works on my homepc.. but why???

BG Tommy Christiansen, hope you can help some more now...

Comment

did you check your bios for the type of screen as I suggested before? leave it set on CRT, not LCD and see if it works.
                        500+ full albums
                        4,000+ video games
                        old carPC

Comment

ok first of all i love the hand gestures. i was totally thinking that your saying...what the **** why? lol anyway. plug in your regular monitor..not the toushcreen one. but thta big one and see if the same thing happens.if it doesnt the computer is all good. if it does you mobo might be bad. ok than plug the touchscreen monitor into your desktop pc and see if it works.
                          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Hi EsKALad, thats exacly what i am doing at the video... when i plugin the touchscreen in me regular computer, it works.. when i but in my regular monitor, at the carpc it works... but when i put the touchscreen in the carpc, its ****ed up....

ITL, i try your sugestion later, right now, i have to get some food :}

BG Tommy Christiansen

Comment

ITL, just tried.. did not helped.. i have tried lots of things in bios... nothing helped...

other sugestions... anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X