I Put the Xbox 360 in my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Put the Xbox 360 in my car

I'm using an inverter for now, who's making the DC power supply for this thing?

http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/xbox360.html

Careful someone doesn't step on whatever it is that's hanging off the front of the xbox.. otherwise pretty neat =)
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I hear the Xbox 360's are pretty sensitive to bumping or movement...as it may scratch the discs...so be careful

I currently run a normal modded Xbox in my car...it's enough for what I need it for...gaming, MP3s, and videos.

Comment

wasting the HD technology on a 7"?

Comment

Originally posted by Escalade182
          wasting the HD technology on a 7"?
          Yea, at work we have a real nice HD projector, Panasonic PT-D7700U on a 16ft x 9 ft screen.

http://www.mechatroniks.com/xbox/xbox360.jpg

The door on the right is partially blocking the screen.

Comment

wow! thats soo sweet! now i want a hd projector and a 360!
            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

It hasn't burned up yet? Did they have large issues with the 360s overheating?

Peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

yeah they are like 3.2ghs triple core processors or some****. im not 100 percent sure what triple core is but it seems like it might run hot lol and the damn 360 case is pretty ******* small!
                i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

6 hours of call of duty 2 and you'll literally see "CORE MELTDOWN" flash on the screen.
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
                    yeah they are like 3.2ghs triple core processors or some****. im not 100 percent sure what triple core is but it seems like it might run hot lol and the damn 360 case is pretty ******* small!
                    Isnt that just like running 3 processors?
                    B Smoov
                    Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

it is 3 processors, but they are all on one die module so appear to be one chip.

IIRC It isn't the same technology that the P4 uses though. I believe its based on the low powered P4-Mobile so shouldn't get any hotter than a high spec laptop...

Multi core CPU's are what will really advance PC's now as they are approaching the limits of pushing electricity round a copper/silicon circuit now. They are struggling to stop spikes of conductor being built up on the corners of circuit tracks now be the electrons not physically making the corner cause of their velocity. Eventually two tracks join and burn the chip out!

They will end up being like simple neural networks.

And what is the point of a chip running ay 25x the speed of all the other components.
                      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn
                        IIRC It isn't the same technology that the P4 uses though. I believe its based on the low powered P4-Mobile so shouldn't get any hotter than a high spec laptop...
                        Not P4, or Intel for that matter. The 360 uses the PowerPC architecture.

Multi core CPU's are what will really advance PC's now as they are approaching the limits of pushing electricity round a copper/silicon circuit now. They are struggling to stop spikes of conductor being built up on the corners of circuit tracks now be the electrons not physically making the corner cause of their velocity. Eventually two tracks join and burn the chip out!
                        We're still a ways from the theoretical limits of silicon. The main problem in making smaller circuits right now is the lithography tech used to make the chip - Intel's been pushing exterme ultraviolet as the next-gen, but it's been a long time coming, and x-ray seems to be even further out. Also smaller traces produce more current leakage due to electron tunnelling. There's no issue with "electrons not making the corner" that I'm aware of - I don't think current even works that way.

And what is the point of a chip running ay 25x the speed of all the other components.
                        Because the chip has to do a lot more work than all the other components?

Sorry for the thread drift, nice install Careful with the PSU (in the ginourmous power brick) as it overheating seems to be the cause of alot of the crashes people are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by mushin
                          There's no issue with "electrons not making the corner" that I'm aware of - I don't think current even works that way.
                          I dont know if what he said is true or not but it is said to be bad practice to lay down trace with a 90 degree angle... So I suppose the direction of traces does have some effect.

Perhaps I am way off

B
                          B Smoov
                          Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

360 has the capability of running @ +/- 9GHz.

PS3 has the capability of running @ 27GHz...

Which one would you choose???

Peace,

Rafster
                            Post # 3000

Comment

Yah but we have to wait a year for the ps3! I just bought a PSP to get me by untill the ps3 comes out. I dont have time to play at home anyways. Much more time at work

Oh yah, nice install. I even like the pc install. Is that solid works you are using? I use Pro/E ,its a pain sometimes but very powerfull once you understand it.
                              Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Working...
                              X