Aopen Pandora MiniPC MP915-B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aopen Pandora MiniPC MP915-B

Just ordered my Aopen Pandora MiniPC MP915-B from here Will post more info once i recieve it for those that may be interested in the same setup.

http://www.asimobile.com/minipc_specs_M915b_ca.htm
    http://www.asimobile.com/minipc%20MP915-b_ca.htm

I've been eyeing these systems, they look pretty slick. I'd definately be interested to see what you think of it.

Comment

Hmm, looks pretty sweet. What screen are you planning on using with this? No VGA or RCA video output on these things? I'll definately be looking into these more...thanks for the post and pics
      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
        Hmm, looks pretty sweet. What screen are you planning on using with this? No VGA or RCA video output on these things? I'll definately be looking into these more...thanks for the post and pics
        Im planning on using the new 8" widescreen linitx vga monitor for my new setup. Like the Mac mini all you need is a dvi to vga adapter to plug in a vga monitor. I'm currently using an Aopen pentium M micro atx board and the only thing i will miss is the pandoras lack of a serial port and spdif. Form the specs it seems that the Carnetix P1900 will be the best power supply for it, hopefully it does not have some kind of special power button.

Comment

I'm interested to see what you think about this MiniPC too. I've had my eye on it for a little while. The one thing I'm concerned about would be powering it as the power connector is an integrated AC jack. It looks like that power supply you listed should do the trick though since the MacMini is setup the same way. This is the perfect size to fit in the area I want it in my car and it would save me a lot of time from building a custom enclosure for the space I want. Looking forward to your comments/review.

Comment

It gets delivered on friday so i will try to post some pics and a mini review on it.

Comment

any updates? i've been waiting for this thing, too...

Comment

Fedex loaded my package on the wrong truck, so im not going to get it till tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                  DVI outputs both digital and analog (that means VGA)

S-Video output can be easily converted to RCA with a simple cable
                  2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

as long as you can solder leads in parrellel to the power button the Carnetix P1900 shouldn't have a problem "pressing" it. The P1900 has a jumper that momentarily connects the leads for you.

Comment

waiting for your review, this would be a perfect setup for me.

I could loose the laptop and put this in the bottom compartment of ol honda odyssey dash.

Interested in the power supply that comes with it too>>???<<<
                      indash motorized touch screen
                      in dash am/fm/mp3/cd/dvd player
                      compaq z2000 turion 64 notebook
                      1.256 gb ram
                      dvd+/-rw dual layer burner
                      i guidance gps
                      bluetooth and s710a with unlimited data
                      in a 96 Honda.

Comment

The minipc came today but it has refused to boot up. now i have to send it back for a replacement. I will post some pics of it later

Comment

that sucks dude.

my 3 week old razr broke, returned it and lost $10 in ringtones and 30+ videos/pictures so consider yourself lucky.

good thing about pc's...

Comment

Pics

Comment

do you think it could have been the memory? i found a memory compatibility list on aopen's site somewhere... maybe it's picky with memory?

what memory modules is your corsair stick using? did you try any other memory in there?

Comment

Working...
                              X