AMD or Intel? Nvidia or Via or SiS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD or Intel? Nvidia or Via or SiS?

I searching Processor and Mobo for my Car.
    Can you give me suggest...
    AMD or Intel?
    Chipset Nvidia or Via or Sis?
    SoundCard on Board the best for CarPC?
    PCI SoundCard for Music (not Gaming)?
    Thx...

Yes
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Intel
      None
      No
      Sure
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

AMD -> nVidia -> onboard sound ok, otherwise PCI.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Get a Nano ITX !
          Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Its going to depend on how much money you want to spend ..
            Amd is normally cheaper than Intel, but just as good.
            When it comes to graphics, Nvidia is the ****, but do you really need it? .. are you planning on playing 3D games ?? .. if not .. on-board video is fine and you will cut down on system heat, most Nvidia card now generate a hell of a lot of heat, hense the cooling fans on the cards.

As far as i'm concerned, if you want sound quality, get a good sound card... 5.1 creative or something similar.

The long and the short mate, it's all about the money, i'd go AMD, with on-board video ( you can upgrade later if you want to, make sure the main board supports AGP) and spend the money on a decent sound card.

That way you will get everything you want with room to improve later.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvan Sam
              I searching Processor and Mobo for my Car.
              Can you give me suggest...
              AMD or Intel?
              Chipset Nvidia or Via or Sis?
              SoundCard on Board the best for CarPC?
              PCI SoundCard for Music (not Gaming)?
              Most of the questions about CPU/motherboard/chipset are personal ones.
              Some people can't stand Via chipsets, so they'll tell you not to get one. Some people prefer Intel over AMD or vice-versa.

You need to go with whatever combination is going to meet your requirements and your budget that you feel comfortable working with. REmember to always keep power consumption in mind for the car, as that's a significant parameter to work around.

As far as sound, again, a lot of people use onboard sound and are perfectly happy with it. Others have gone for higher sound quality and go for an external sound card like a Creative Labs Audigy. Someone here is even using the new X-Fi and is ecstatically happy with it. There are other makes of sound cards out there, as well. Again, it depends on your budget and comfort level.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
              X