Ampie/M1-ATX: IDE Cable in the way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampie/M1-ATX: IDE Cable in the way

I have the Ampie case and M1-ATX PSU and mii10000 motherboard.

As seen in the following pics:
    http://www.mp3car.com/products/ampie/IMG_0234.jpg
    http://www.mp3car.com/products/ampie/IMG_0235.jpg

You can see the m1atx sits on two standoffs, one of which is on the side of the hard drive's IDE connection..

After you connect the 2.5" HD -> IDE adapter to the hard drive, and then the actual IDE wire to the adapter there is really no place for the ide cable to go because it is soo close to the standoff and the m1atx sits so close to the hardrive.

Currently I have my ide cable folded over towards the motherboard and coming up in between the motherboard and the PSU... This seems REALLY akward and i was wondering what other people are doing? Using a different HD adapater, different ide cable?

Thanks
    B Smoov
    Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

well, first, use a single drive IDE cable... one with only ONE connection to the HDD and ONE connection to the motherboard..... that way the second one doesn't get in the way.

Then hook up your cable to the HDD with the power supply off.... fold it a couple times as needed on top of the HDD and then fold it to the side towards the motherboard, should make like a triangle on that last fold... plug it in, then pop the m1 back on and it will be totally concealed.

Also, the case fan will probably need to be in the center slot, i had to move mine from where it came.....

Good luck

Comment

cool i 're'folded it.. looks better. not perfect but better.

one thing i found was that I had attached the ide cable to the hard drive via the 'wrong' end... there is no 'wrong' end(it works either way) but by using the opposite end the ribbon came off the ide connector from the bottom side, meaning it has to work its way to the top which made space between the connector and the case's standoff even more limited whan it already is... hopefully you can visualize that.

b
      B Smoov
      Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

Working...
      X