AMD Geode NX 1750

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Geode NX 1750

Hey, i saw a great deal for the AMD Geode NX 1750, which runs at 14 watts and is 1.4GHz with a biostar mobo for 85
    http://www.directron.com/m7vig4comb29.html.

I havent heard much about the Geode CPU's. Does any one have any experiance with the Geode, since few-non is posted about them. They seem perfect for a car PC: little heat (can operate fanless) and little power.

I guess my biggest question is if the 1.4GHz is enough to run a car PC with DVD, XP, GPS, ....
    04 Corolla CARPC

Progress: 95% done (its never done)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97518

Considering the most common configuration is an EPA M10000 which clocks at 1.0Ghz, I'd say that 1.4Ghz is just peachy.

The only issue I could see with that bundle is the size of the motherboard. It's a larger MicroATX board: 24.4cm x 19.4cm (9.6in x 7.6in).
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

There are two types of Geodes, which are completely different.

Geode NX is based on the Athlon (K7), IIRC, and clock for clock will pound a Via Eden in performance.

Geode GX on the other hand is a National Semiconductor design that clock for clock will get its pins handed to it by a Via C3. Orginal Pentium will fare well against a GX.

Just a note for those shopping around. A fair number of Geode GX systems (mostly thin clients) on eBay that can barely play MP3s.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        The only issue I could see with that bundle is the size of the motherboard. It's a larger MicroATX board: 24.4cm x 19.4cm (9.6in x 7.6in).
        Actually, it's small for an mATX board (9.6 x 9.6). Unless you just meant larger than NanoATX and others.

Comment

Originally posted by RawsonDR
          Actually, it's small for an mATX board (9.6 x 9.6). Unless you just meant larger than NanoATX and others.
          I meant larger than miniITX which is the common setup here. But yes, it's also larger than a nanoITX board, as well.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

This is the same socket as any athlon xp though (socket A) so if there are any smaller motherboards you could swap the processor it it isn't soldered to the board or anything...
            My Install

Comment

Working...
            X