Pvic Relay card or similar products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pvic Relay card or similar products

Ive done a search but didnt really find any info on the pvic, has anyone used one before?
    I realise its only 8 channel, now unfortunatly i need more like 20 channels, as i want to modify a climate control system, remove the buttons and connect this in its place so that i can control it from the PC, also control windows, and other bits like that.
    Has anyone got any experience with different relay cards with more outputs? or do they know if its possible to add a 2nd parallel port to the pc so that mroe than 1 pvic could be used?
    I beleive this can be programmed in VB and then just have a GUI front end put on it, but ill search more to find out about that once i know which card ill use.

Any help will be much appreciated thanks

The PVIC is basically the same MPJA kit that I wrote some software for a couple years back. The source code is in there, or at least most of it is.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

mr wizard, thanks for the link.
      Do you know if its possible to run 2 or more of these cards at the same time? if so would it be the case of simply adding another parallel port, or would there then be a hardware conflict?
      Im not too experienced with matters like these and want to double check first.
      Thanks.

Comment

Maestro did a project were he controlled his AC. Search
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

You could add a second card and modify my source code. It would be a matter of configuring the second set of 8 buttons to look at a different hex address.

Or, I could do that for you for a small charge of $18,722.08
          Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
          I'M DEBT FREE!!
          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Working...
          X