Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc->PS2 doesnt work. F***ing c**ts lied yet again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc->PS2 doesnt work. F***ing c**ts lied yet again?

hi!
    I've spent a few good hours trying to make it work (Xenatc 700TSV-> PS/2) The manual says that I hafta check "PS/2" box and it would f**ing magically work. Right...I was so f**ing naive... I 've tried quite a few drivers. Seven to be exact, but who the f**k is counting?. I even found Touchkit 4.3 f***ing beta. But none of them (NONE!) f**ing worked! What the F**k? Seriously! I've searched the board, but I've found nothing but f**ing unaswered questions about Xenarc and PS/2.
    HAs anyone made Xanarc T/C work through PS/2? If you did, please explain how.

TIA
    CarPC in Infiniti FX35

Sorry I cant help, but a little FYI...

you can say "****" here..its ok. Most of us are grown ups
    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

This may be an obvious answer but I didn't see it in your post. Did you try both the keyboard and the mouse port? Do your event logs show any i8042prt errors? Just quick thoughts.

Comment

How do you have the Xenarc connected to a PS/2 port? Through a USB-PS/2 adapter or a hacked-up cable?

Also, have you verified that the touchscreen works through USB?

This is the first I've heard of anyone attempting to use the touchscreen through a PS/2 port. Why can't/won't/don't you use a USB port for the touchscreen?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yeah, they both (mouse and keyboard) work, if I got your q correctly.
          I donno about the errors, but one of the drivers (3.X something, if I'm not mistaken) has that PS/2 option shown in the main menu.Its not even menu, its more like a current connection status. So mine says that my Xenarc Touchscreen is connected to a PS2 port, but its not ******* working.
          Where can I get that event log,if u please?

EDIT
          How do you have the Xenarc connected to a PS/2 port? Through a USB-PS/2 adapter or a hacked-up cable?
          I have a USB-PS/2 adapter. I havnt bought it through the xenarc web site though ( they dont even have it in stock) I used it for a few years with my USB/PS/2 mouse

Also, have you verified that the touchscreen works through USB?
          Yes, I have - it works through USB

This is the first I've heard of anyone attempting to use the touchscreen through a PS/2 port. Why can't/won't/don't you use a USB port for the touchscreen?
          Well, quite a few ppl tried to make it work through PS/2 (for instance here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=ps2+Xenarc here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=ps2+Xenarc and here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=ps2+Xenarc) , but none of them succeeded. I'm gonna use (and I guess I dont have a choice) a USB port, but
          a) ******* ****s promised that it would work through ps2
          b) I didnt want to buy a USB hub, cos I would've had enough USB ports to make everything I need working
          CarPC in Infiniti FX35

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer

please... dont encourage him...
            2005 Nissan Xtrail
            DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer

Just not in your thread titles, please.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I can't think of ANY devices that you can use USB -> PS2 unless it's a mouse or keyboard specifically made to work that way.

Not sure if the Xenarc would because maybe it's using non PS2 format? Who knows..

I think you're SOL...

Comment

Working...
                X