Stiffening capacitor???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiffening capacitor???

Hi i need to buy at least a 1 farad capacitor for my system, and i was wondering if there is a difference between a stiffening capacitor and just a regular capacitor? thanks

also what brand/model would you recommend? i have 2 sony 12 inch 1200w subs and a 2-channel kenwood 800w amp.

Comment

2 names for the same thing. And a 1F cap should be the same as any other 1F cap. Whatever fits your budget.
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

thanks

Comment

Spend your money on a decent power source (Optima Yellowtop or similar) and you'll probably find you don't need a capacitor at all.
          Australia's Largest CARPUTER Discussion
          www.carputer.net.au

Comment

Originally posted by CAA
            Spend your money on a decent power source (Optima Yellowtop or similar) and you'll probably find you don't need a capacitor at all.
            True, but caps can still help, especially if you have a long power run between the battery and your amps and/or that cable isn't as thick as it should be.

-g.

Comment

True except a battery isn't a power source. If you are boarderline I'd say get a good battery (gel cell). If your past boardline get a high output alt. Caps make good homemade stunguns and fireworks.

Comment

Working...
              X