Project parts list... Looking for critique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project parts list... Looking for critique

I am currently in the latter part of the planning stages for my carpc and have come up with the following list of goodies. I would like any and all input positive and negative.

1 x Xenarc 700IDT In Dash 7 inch Touch Screen VGA
    1 x VIA EPIA MII12000 Mini-ITX Mainboard
    1 x OPUS 150 watt DC-DC power Supply SFX.1215
    1 x Panasonic Slot Load DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive 24x24x24
    1 x Roof top GPS/Cellular/PCS/WiFi antenna
    1 x 512 meg pc2700
    1 x Samsung 40 gig 5400 rpm 2.5" hdd
    1 x MSI Bluetooth adapter USB
    1 x Orinco Gold b/g pc card

possible case Ampie car coputer case... the dilemma is the PSU. The M1-ATX fits said case, it seems that everyone recommends the OPUS.

I plan on running the obvious Nav, DVD, MP3 Jukebox, Wardriving, and Handsfree. If possible I would like to also run voice command sw as well as email sw. All this tech will be going into my true toy, my 85 Mazda RX7.

Almost forgot to mention that I would like to be running linux off compact flash if possible.

Any thoughts or recommendations based on experience and such would be appreciated.

Toxic_d

wow I can't believe there is no input at all...

Comment

Look's like you have bought all the right gear. I would definately use the opus with the Via board. It should work really well. Running your setup with linux won't be a problem, unfortunately you don't have the same options with software as you do with the windows platforms, Especially when it comes to frontends and GPS software.
      There has been a few people run their systems off CF. I am not too sure how sucessful they have been, but I know there has been a fair bit of discussion about it.
      Cases are one of those things that are done on a custom basis for the car. What fits in one may not fit in another. Have a look at this thread for a really awesome case in the making by blk02si. He can even do the cutouts specific to you board.

Hope this helps.

Woot!! 1000th post
      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I can't believe that you need approval for the same basic setup that everyone else uses.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sorry but I wanted to be sure there would be enough power for the apps I wanted to run. I was also looking specifically for info on one ps versus the other.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          X