No announcement yet.

CCD Infrared Rear View Camera Review???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCD Infrared Rear View Camera Review???

does anybody have the new night vission camera from MP3CAR store:
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...a61a0028ebd855

I want to see some kind of review on it, shots taken in day, & night. Can't seem to find any except those on ebay. (I guess its from the supplier so I think it would be biased).

Anybody got it??

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
    CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
    Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Nobody having it???

Final Touches

CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
    Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

I have a camera that is similar in setup and cost WAY less... I have hooked it up but do not have it installed permanently - it is on the to do list...

what are you wanting to do with it?? it will not "light up the night" for KnightRider like nightvision... to do so would require some intense IR lighting... also, I would think that you'd want it behind the windshield wipers so that it had a clear face....

mine is for backup purposes only and it is more than capable of that...
      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

I need it for backup purpose only too. I just want to see the quality of its shots. At day, night, colors, resolution.... and so on.

Final Touches

Comment

the daytime is color, and as the darknes sets in the color gets removed so it becomes black and white... there is a small photocell in the unit that determines the brightness, so it isn't a color-daytime and b&w-nighttime setup... it is more like a full color in the day slowly blended into b&w at night...
          EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

you can get the same ccd in a much cheaper camera. The resolution is as good as any normal cam-corder.
            Causa latet vis est notissima

VIA SP13000
            1GB DDR400
            Slimline Slot-load DVD-RW
            60GB 2.5 Inch SATA 5400RPM
            Dual Active PCI riser
            PCI TV/FM card
            Logisys FP800
            Thermaltake VFD Media Lab
            M1-ATX

Comment

Originally posted by grimor2000
              you can get the same ccd in a much cheaper camera. The resolution is as good as any normal cam-corder.
              do you have any links to cameras that you are referring to by chance?
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
              X