• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really cheap 2.5'' notebook drives

found this on another forum i visit

Originally posted by mucky
    http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/st...catalogId=-840

Part number 13N6805 (probably a Hitachi)
    Part number 13N6793 (definitely a Fujisu)
    2004 Mazda3s

Both are 80gb. First one is $34.50. Second is $37
    2004 Mazda3s

Comment

Those are the drive assemblies not the drives. FYI

Comment

yup, not the drives

13N6805 80GB HARD DRIVE TRAY ASSEMBLY FRU In stock ** $34.50

Comment

eh been debate.
          Probably is drive with tray.
          just price mistake.
          80gb and assembly make them seem like you get tray and hd
          Core duo
          1tb harddrive
          256 ddr
          8 lilliput
          bu-353

still installing...

Comment

If you Froogle those part numbers, they come up as 80gb drives. Might be worth checking out. The price is right. The cheapest 5400 rpm 80 gb drive on Newegg is $109 + $4.99 shipping.
            7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
            ATVMS.com

Comment

I paid 135 shipped from newegg for my
              2.5" S-ATA 7200rpm 60GB 8MB Cache laptop drive.
              It rocks!
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

this has been discuss and some have gotten the drive and it IS ACTUALLY a HD. There are proof with exploded picture and ref to the actual hard drive. Get on the deal if you can!

Comment

I ordered 4 last friday. We will see if they come.

Wait for the For Sale post: 80g laptop drives NIB $100 shipped.
                  Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Yea proabbly HD's cause why would they mention GB if it was only a tray.
                    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                    GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                      Yea proabbly HD's cause why would they mention GB if it was only a tray.
                      It is a common technique used on eBay... So I can understand why people are skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
                        It is a common technique used on eBay... So I can understand why people are skeptical.
                        Yeah, hear that.

Though some things (very few) on ebay that seem too good to be true, are true.

I got a couple Hitachi Endurostar automotive HDDs for unbelievable cheap. Too bad I wasn't a member here at the time as the guy had ~30 of them.

When the chrome for my rims started peeling on my 3yr old rims (which list for ~850+ EACH), I lucked out and found an impatient seller. I got four that were immaculate for $150 + 100 shipping.

Everyone was watching, no one bid, they were waiting till the end. The seller didn't think anyone wanted them and asked if I wanted to just flat out buy them.

And most recently, I found a goodie that I think more than a few might be interested in. I'll tell in a couple days after I order a couple more
                        GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

>$500 now, dead

Comment

Well I sure feel like a jackass for not jumpin on that deal.

Comment

No good

I told my friend about this deal and he tried it.
                              This is the email I got from him today:
                              FYI - I called IBM since I haven't heard anything about the order. They said the price on the website was an error; it was only supposed to be for the tray but they used a part number for the whole unit. They canceled my order...
                              O well. Guess it was worth a shot.
                              GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Working...
                              X