No announcement yet.

LED Display?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Display?

I've been to a few more 'relavent' forums to pose a few questions and it seems to me that the mp3car forum ROCKS compared to most others.... so excuse me if this is a bit OT, but I'll try to formulate the question to make it feel warm, fuzzy and maybe a bit more carputer related.

I would like an LED display (or something similar) that would output an interface similar to that of iPod's interface.

I'd like:
    1) the interface w/ playlist browsing ( i plan on ssh or ftping to edit playlists and relavent files).

well I guess that's it, since my other 'wants' are way OT... Trying to keep all happy Any ideas on hardware and software? I don't want this machine to have a monitor, so the display would be the only jive seen.

---first computer---
    TRS-80 model 4
    64K ram
    8 Mhz processor
    I put my baseball card collection into visicalc baby! LOOKOUT! (my phone has more processing power).

centrafuse has lcd/vfd support but not as fancy as an ipod interface.. i think that would be asking for a lot. you'd have to probably mkae your own front end and get a mini lcd display
    New System in progress:
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog