2U PCI card with ribbon extender?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2U PCI card with ribbon extender?

I currently have a SP13000 with a 2U PCI extender that extends the 2 cards away from the board. I haven't been able to find a PCI raiser that will extend the 2 slots over the board. Will a ribbon type extender or any tall 90degree extender work with the 2U riser so that I can have the PCI card oriented vert. or back over the top of the board? The extenders aren't the cheapest things to buy so I don't want to waste time and money getting ones that don't support the 2U card.

Thanks
    Causa latet vis est notissima

VIA SP13000
    1GB DDR400
    Slimline Slot-load DVD-RW
    60GB 2.5 Inch SATA 5400RPM
    Dual Active PCI riser
    PCI TV/FM card
    Logisys FP800
    Thermaltake VFD Media Lab
    M1-ATX

So you want something that is like this:
    |-
    |-

instead of:

-|
    -|

?

If yes, then yes, I forgot the terms, but you can get risers to face either direction. Take a look at the notch in pics and orient off that. Flexible risers tend to not be able to twist a full 180 degrees (if you get one with a remotely short cable), so only get one if it is already pointing in the correct direction.

Comment

I have one pointing the wrong direction, I haven't been able to find one going over the board. I was thinking that if I find a flexible extender that I can plug the dual riser in, I can go from

-|
      -|

to

..._|_|
      ./
      |
      and just use the ribbon extender to point the riser up instead of left. but I'm not sure what extender would let me use the dual riser
      Causa latet vis est notissima

VIA SP13000
      1GB DDR400
      Slimline Slot-load DVD-RW
      60GB 2.5 Inch SATA 5400RPM
      Dual Active PCI riser
      PCI TV/FM card
      Logisys FP800
      Thermaltake VFD Media Lab
      M1-ATX

Comment

It should work, as most seem to pass all the pins to the slot, but I've never tried.

Comment

Working...
        X