daul system setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daul system setup

ok so picture this i want to have im going to have a my carputer run all my music and all that computer stuff but i want to keep the stock look so will also have my stock deck installed, and i want it to play my radio because i heard that recepiton on a car computer wont be that good, anyway i bought a 4 channel amp a component set and back rear speakers all that will be connected to the amp and so will the computer(it will paly of that new sound system). now my question is how do i get my stock deck to play off that same set of speakers and amp??????

Get a deck with an Aux input, run the computer audio through the deck. Otherwise you'll need a mixer or a switch, or run the deck audio through the computer, which means your computer always needs to be on to hear music.

Comment

well im ok with the computer always being on i will be using the stock deck. how do i run the deck audio through the computer? what would i need

Comment

Originally posted by polok120
        well im ok with the computer always being on i will be using the stock deck. how do i run the deck audio through the computer? what would i need
        You don't run the deck's audio through the computer. You run the computer's audio through the deck. You're thinking about it the wrong way.
        There is no need to run the deck's audio through the PC. I have no idea why Jahntassa even suggested that.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Um, if there is no aux input on the head unit then you'd have to use a switch or a mixer circuit to combine the signals. But as Jahntassa suggested you can route the audio out from the head unit into the Line In jack on the computer sound card to combine the signals. Unfortunately that will kill any fader ability you had with the head unit. Right now I have two head units and sum the signals with a set of resistors. Running the head unit through the computer is not an ideal setup but it is a viable option.

David

Comment

ok first..list what kind of car you have and which stock system so we can further help you.
            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Working...
            X