Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think i got ripped off on eBay... Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i got ripped off on eBay... Suggestions?

Yeah, so I've been purchasing on eBay for a long time, ive only been shafted once before (163 feedback from purchasing).

This time around, the same senario... I purchased a new alarm for my car since i recently installed my carpc setup i wanted to get it secure asap... Anyhow, that was on the 12th and its now the 21st... I know, your probably thinking, well thats not a REAL long time to be sure your ripped off BUT there are a few things that are making me start to wonder.

In my ebay experience the packages are usually being shipped to me in 24-48 hours and i receive them. Also, this guy's ebay account is "No longer registered" (same thing that happend last time i got ripped off)

Reasons that i dont think that i should get ripped off include the fact that the guy has a 100% perfect feedback score of 179 and the guy has a legit physical storefront only an hour a way from me! (I just realised this recently)

I've emailed via eBay's system and directly to him about 5 times over the week but with no responce.

Did this guy die? (its possible?)
    Should I bust in the storefront like a crazy man requesting my alarm?

I'm pretty ****ed right now and every day i dont get the product i paid 200.00 for i get even more ****ed.
    1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
    1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

i'd wait it out another 3-5 days...then defently check out the store front.

Comment

Originally posted by noreason
      on the 12th and its now the 21st...
      so its only been...5 business days? chill out

Comment

Paypal requires a paid for auction item to be shipped within 7 days. Not 7 business days, 7 calendar days. If you paid on the 12th (Sunday) he is required by their policy to have shipped by the 19th unless the auction specifically states that shipping will be delayed beyond that.
        If you file a complaint with Paypal claiming non reciept of goods, he has to show them a valid tracking # within 72 hrs. of them notifying him, or else you will get a refund.

Comment

Today would be the 7th business day, thanks for that info motorcity im going to look into that for sure
          1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

Since 7 days have gone by and he hasn't responded contact PayPal. Since he is no longer a registered user he probably has no money in his account for the to give you. Ebay will give you up to $200.00 if you got ripped off though(minus a $25.00 fee). It sounds like this will cover what you paid but if it doesn't you can contact your credit card company and do a charge back or because he is local to you you could take him to small claims court.

SAVE ALL ORIGINAL EMAILS FROM THE SELLER AND FROM EBAY AND PAYPAL WITH HEADERS. Call PayPal on the phone and the forward all emails with headers to them to [email protected]

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gbh
              Since 7 days have gone by and he hasn't responded contact PayPal. Since he is no longer a registered user he probably has no money in his account for the to give you.

True. But if his Paypal account is still considered active and he did not close it, they will still refund you and place the amount in his account as a chargeback, and deduct from any future payments he may receive. I know this for a fact because it happened to me (thanks to a scum bag buyer who suffered from buyer's remorse)
              They refunded the buyer, and placed a negative ballance in my PP account until funds were available to cover it.

Comment

Well i filed a claim on the paypal site assuming this is what you were talking about. Now I guess i will wait (up to 30 days or more!!) to see what happens.

Now watch, I bet some thug is going to break into my car and steal my lilliput!!

Damn you eBay seller! :P

Comment

good luck. hope you get all of your $$ back.

Comment

thanks alot and thanks alot for the help guys

Comment

In the future you should file a complaint with PayPal the Minute you see someone that goes NARU. (Not a Registered User) If not, the seller will be long-gone by the time you file your claim. Even still, you'll be able to recover all but the stupid $25 fee.

If the seller's account went NARU by some accident, they'll understand your concern. Explain to them that you're just being careful and you'll release the claim the minute the item arrives. The only real down-side is that the seller can't keep your payment until the issue is resolved. If you figure that the seller had to do something pretty lame to get his account NARU in the first place, you can't be blamed for being careful. (This is your first tip that the the seller is a creep or careless.) Either way you'll want to protect yourself as soon as you can.

Comment

Paypal Blowsssssssss. Good Luck

Comment

ya, paypal sucks... I try very hard to avoid it.. they can legally take all the money out of your bank account if they feel that your paypal account is being used fraudulently(you agreed to it when you clicked agree... oops, should have read that one)... and it can take a long time to un-freeze your bank... which means you don't eat in most cases.

If you paid via credit card through paypal, go to them first... paypal always complains when I do that and says that I can claim something with them, but whenever I claim anything with them they take forever and conclude that nothing went wrong... even if I hadn't received an item...

Comment

well the worse case senario is i drive the hour and ten minutes to this address the guy has for his legit storefront and hope that its still there... although i pulled it up on google earth and it showed a house! who knows... i mean the guy had alot (100%) of positive feedback from selling like 170 other alarms which is why it seems strange to just all the sudden rip someone off. It just sucks I seem to be that someone.

But then again maybe something else happend and i will eventually see my alarm, but that still sucks that its already been what seems like forever.

Comment

Got my alarm today

Although it came wrapped in a coors light box without any kind of insulation to protect it but hey, im not arguing!

Comment

Working...
                              X