• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be enough ??

Am planning on buying this :

VIA EPIA 5000
    256 mb ram
    SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY2 ZS
    plus everything else to complete the system (touchsreen, hard drive ...)

I only want to be able to play mp3,cd's and maybe DVD but it's not my priority. Am planning to install Win XP for the OS and running Road Runner for the front end. Do you think i will be fine with this setup or the 5000 is not enough. By the way am already planning on changing the motherboard for next summer (2007). Money is tight this days and i already busted my budget on cosmetic and powertrain for my car.

Thanks

533Mhz with 256mb of ram isnt going to be blazing fast but it should work. Playing music doesnt take much power, but xp will suck some out of it.
    1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
    1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

i dont mind adding maybe 1 gig of ram since i will re-use it when i change the mother board next summer. Am affraid also that the mother board will over heat since it will be on all the time

Comment

i wouldnt think that it would get too hot since it was designed as fanless but adding a fan to whatever case you put it in wouldnt hurt
        1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
        1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

Working...
        X