Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/pdif built into Epia?

Hi Folks,

Has anyone used the dual function rca plug on the back of an Epia M10000 for S/PDIF function? My manual says I can switch it's function by shorting some jumpers on the board. Does this produce a S/pdif input or output? Does it matter? The manual doesn't say.

Thanks
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Ok, now that I've searched, I've found quite a bit on this subject. I am looking for a way to attach my optical XMPCR to my M10000 without using a PCI optical soundcard. I positively can't fit it into where my MB is fitted. Is there such a device that allows optical input from the pcr into my board? I hve no more inputs into my amp and the analog connection for the PCR sounds like crap.

Thanks

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

that is only an output,i guess you will have to use an external audio card with digital input . i have the same board,i'm planning to do the same but with sirius radio.
      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Yea, I guess so. Im coming to the conclusion that I am going to have to buy an Audigy to connect my XMPCR. I had a soundcard with optical in and out when my carpc was in the trunk, but I was never happy with the volume it produced. I tried asking some folks here how they liked the way the Audigy sonunded but they didn't answer me.

sigh.

Originally posted by EL CAMINO
        that is only an output,i guess you will have to use an external audio card with digital input . i have the same board,i'm planning to do the same but with sirius radio.

Comment

Working...
        X