Mobo wont output VGA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobo wont output VGA

Ok guys this is driving me crazy.... I finally got time and the parts to get my carpc installed and after i get it installed im having trouble booting which is a problem with my psu that i can get sorted out, but my problem is... On my EpoX 8rgm3i I hooked up a scrren to the onboard vga and i cant get any vga signal out of either vga ports...

Ive changed everything, psu's, cpus, removed everything (sound cards, usb devices), even unhooked the HDD's... and i cant get anything

Any help please
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

have you tried using a mains ATX PSU to power it?
    Current:
    [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
    [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

yes as i said i tryied switching everything... i have it hooked up to a 300W AC PSU right now in my house so i could mess with it easier

Comment

have you tried to reset the bios? perhaps it's trying to initialise a PCI card or something instead of the onboard gfx. is there a jumper for that? usually it's a bios setting so resetting the bios may help.
        Current:

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

yes i reset CMOS, and it was running perfectly fine on the exact same setup until it actually went physically into the car

Comment

alright well i got it figured out... seems like one of the pins in the pinmod of my cpu got a little messed up and was causing the problem

Comment

well i spoke too soon... as soon as i got my CMOS setting back, and rebooted it stopped working again

Comment

so is the pc booting at all with no display, or is it just not getting to/past the bios?
                Current:

Previous:

Comment

yes i believe it is completely booting to windows, but of course i cant confrim that

Comment

how about the vga cable? could it be the pins inside that are broken? I know you said everything, but what if you missed that one?
                    Current:

Previous:

Comment

no i tried a few different vga cable, and i connected the cable that attached to a working monitor directly to the mobo and still does work

Comment

my feeling in that case is that you have some faulty hardware. I hope I'm wrong, or that it's still under warrenty
                        Current:

Previous:

Comment

maybe you need "loads" on the video output, i had to put 75 ohms resistors in parallel with the r,g,b outputs, to validate it ???

Comment

ok so are you using a pci vid card or something? cause you said both vga ports? if you are, remove the pci one and trouble shoot using only the onboard. If you arent using a pci one, try using one and see if anythin comes up...
                            nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
                            Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

Comment

no it is onboard video, this board has two vga ports for multiple montior output

Comment

Working...
                              X