No announcement yet.

Pin Mod Done!!! One Last Question Tho!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Mod Done!!! One Last Question Tho!!

Hi

Ive just done the pin mod, everything runs nice.

However, temperature has risen from 48 to 60.
    And vcore is still the same...
    CPU specs of my pc say that it shud run at 1.4v

Shud i do the pin mod to change it to 1.475v??

DarqueP??? HELP??
    MSI KM4M-V Mobo -- AMD Athlon XP-M 1900+ -- 512MB DDR RAM -- LinITX 7" Touchscreen -- Seagate 8.4GB HDD -- LG DVDRW -- Onboard Graphics Card -- Onboard 5.1 surround sound -- Bluetooth Dongle -- RoyalTek Saphire GPS -- M2-ATX psu

There's no need to start new threads, man. Continuing the other thread is just fine.

When you say 60, I'm assuming it's celsius. You can try dropping the vCore to 1.475v. That's what I did with mine, althought the specs for the CPU specify 1.4v, I believe.
    My CPU typically runs about 100-105 F and I have no issues whatsoever.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

ive done the vcore pin mod but...

sorry DP

i'll carry on using this thread from now on.

ok.i decided to do the vcore pin mod, but IT DIDNT CHANGE IT!!!

im checking the PC HEALTH section and it says:

CPU TEMP: 61C/141F
      Vcore: fluctuates between 1.68 and 1.71 volts

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
      MSI KM4M-V Mobo -- AMD Athlon XP-M 1900+ -- 512MB DDR RAM -- LinITX 7" Touchscreen -- Seagate 8.4GB HDD -- LG DVDRW -- Onboard Graphics Card -- Onboard 5.1 surround sound -- Bluetooth Dongle -- RoyalTek Saphire GPS -- M2-ATX psu

Comment

I couldn't tell you what's going on, then. I set the vCore on my setup witht eh pin mod and I've tested it and it's correct. Are you sure you put the wire in the right holes for the 1.475v?

Also, is there anything in the BIOS that sets the vCore? That may need to be set to automatically detect or something.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          There's no need to start new threads, man. Continuing the other thread is just fine.

When you say 60, I'm assuming it's celsius. You can try dropping the vCore to 1.475v. That's what I did with mine, althought the specs for the CPU specify 1.4v, I believe.
          My CPU typically runs about 100-105 F and I have no issues whatsoever.
          Which CPU you are running?
          Mine(2500XPM) is running around 38C-50C. I don't know what it is in F... probably over 100.
          I try to bring it down a little, but didn't have time or hot enuff to do it yet.

is it where the "jumper" for vCore mod?
          Attached Files
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Nope.

No chance whatsoever to change vcore.
            I will check again but, i doubt i did the wrong pin mod.

If i made the correct pin mod, what else can i do?

Will the cpu run ok at those temps and voltages?

what happens if i increase the FSB to 166 or 200 and decrease the multiplier but still achieving 1600mhz?
            will that run it cooler?

im lost man

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
              Mine(2500XPM) is running around 38C-50C. I don't know what it is in F... probably over 100.
              I try to bring it down a little, but didn't have time or hot enuff to do it yet.
              My cpu is an XP-M 1900+ (1600mhz) - (AXMD1900FQV3C/133mhz/12x clock multi/1.4vcore/thoroghbred).

any help?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC

is it where the "jumper" for vCore mod?

Yes! its exaclty on that place that i did the vcore pin mod, but nothing changed.

any ideas?

thanks.

Comment

I thought ALL AMD-VIA chipset mobo has jumper selection for multiplier.
                  Weird. The SOYO mobo I have (K7MVE) did run the XP-M fine without any pin mod and temp never hotter than 38C crunching Prime95 for days. That is when I did the test on the CPU, but I am not using that mobo in the car setup.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

well, if it has one, it aint in the manual!!!

what can i do now guys?

Comment

Heat output is tied to FSB, not multplier. 8*200mh will dissipate more than 9.5*166.
                      Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Since we're talking about processor temps this may be a good place to get a recommendation from one of you. I have a 2 GHZ pentium M processor on a mini-ATX MB. My BIOS has an option to power the PC off if the CPU gets to hot. What would be a good value for me to set that temperature setting to?
                        8" Lilli TS
                        MB896F Mini-ITX MB
                        2GHZ Dothan 533MHz FSB CPU
                        1GB SDRAM DDR2 533
                        Seagate 300GB SATA150 HD
                        ENGENIUS WiFi MINI-PCI CARD 802.11A B 400MW OUT
                        Pioneer Slot Load SLIM DVDRW
                        Bluetooth V2 USB 2 Dongle
                        3COM BKP Cam

Comment

its a long shot... but check the heatsink on the processor.

maybe you didnt put eneogh of that thermal goop on it.(forgetting what its called but thats what i call it). Maybe the heatsink slid a bit when you were putting it on and the took and took that thermal goop stuff with it leaving the processor bare with the heatsink.

just a possibility
                          I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

Working...
                          X