Question about Ibus and Changer emulation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Ibus and Changer emulation

Hey guys, Right now I have my C33 HU plugged into my laptop with an IBus schmatic I found in the yahoo group. I also found a cd changer emulator that continuously says there is a cd changer connected.

My original thought was I emulate a changer, then hookup the audio cables to some other source and it should play... But it dosnt.

Is there something I am missing?

Ive just got the laptop running right now emulating the changer, power and ground to the cd changer port, and my audio cables run to the headphone jack on my laptop for testing.

You're missing information that would allow people to help you...

When the CD changer emulator is connected, does the head unit indicate that it's playing a CD?

Where do you have the PC audio connected to on the emulator or aux connector of the HU?

Comment

Originally posted by MINI4cathy
      You're missing information that would allow people to help you...

When the CD changer emulator is connected, does the head unit indicate that it's playing a CD?

Where do you have the PC audio connected to on the emulator or aux connector of the HU?
      Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the HU does indicate a CD is playing

I have it plugged into the the line input on the cd changer plug

Comment

Also, I can hear it somewhat over the speakers, its very faint, like its just playing because of interference. Like if you have a tape adapter and flip it to side B while its playing you can still hear the music faintly.

Comment

anyone??

Comment

Bump

Comment

Sounds to me like if the volume is very faint than the amp isn't turning on .. maybe that's a seperate IBUS thing?
              -Brad
              83 mp320i
              99 mp323i
              _________

7" Lilliput w/Touch, 150 W Opus, 2.4ghz P4 533fsb, 512 DDR 333mhz, GPS, WiFi Inet, 40g Maxtor 7200rpm, Laptop DVD/CD-RW w/USB2.0 Bridge, WinXP Pro.

Comment

There shouldnt be an amp of any sort? Its just taking place of the cd changer

Comment

Originally posted by equate975
                  There shouldnt be an amp of any sort? Its just taking place of the cd changer
                  Right, but what do you think powers the speakers? On the HK systems there is a seperate amp in the system. I'm just guessing that you have to 'turn' that on somehow..
                  -Brad
                  83 mp320i
                  99 mp323i
                  _________

7" Lilliput w/Touch, 150 W Opus, 2.4ghz P4 533fsb, 512 DDR 333mhz, GPS, WiFi Inet, 40g Maxtor 7200rpm, Laptop DVD/CD-RW w/USB2.0 Bridge, WinXP Pro.

Comment

Oh.. I see what you mean.

Comment

Theres nothing I can find about turning on the amp.

When the HU is on radio, I can hear whats playing fine, and the volume knob will effect the volume.

When I simulate the cd changer, I can faintly hear it on the speakers, but it sounds as if its just because of an unshielded cable. The volume knob has no effect on it.

Comment

Sounds like it's not wired right to the adapter, or backwards, or some such thing.

Comment

This is what I have found for wiring, every diagram shows the same thing

Comment

Got it!

When I was responding to the cd play poll I was giving it the response for CD and Track playing, but I skipped the Track Start command, once I gave it that everything fired right up

Comment

Or it's that! Glad you got it!

Comment

Working...
                              X